You guys seeing the big "Asthma & Allergy" marketing push!?

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by Torrey W, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Stanley steamer is strutting these commercials like a pair of daisy dukes in a gay pride parade..

The same "certification" is being boasted by dyson vacuums.

What marketing opportunities does this open up wit them pushing so much awareness?.. Lots if you ask me!

2. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I would like to find some juicy factual content on the subject and the subject of how hardwood floors are NOT the allergy treatment so many think.

I know I've read somewhere about how people are changing out carpets to wood on the false teachings and beliefs it will save them from all these horrible things, but in fact they are now taking away the best filter a home can have..

3. Spotman123

Spotman123 FatCat Member

Some will jump at it some won't. Smart on their part marketing wise. You can make up your own "certified whatever program" and some will fall for it.

4. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I believe it was @Scott Warrington had posted somewhere a study that was done. I think Hydro something or other had done the study.

Hard wood floors (and the like) actually allow dust and allergens to become airborne more readily and to a higher degree off the flooring surface.

So yes a study has been done, but I don't think it is being pushed enough by the cleaning industry. Certainly flooring retailers are not going to pass this along.

Maybe Scott can enlighten us about the study.

Torrey W likes this.
  5. freemind

Also, from what I have seen, the post spray anti-allergen products are pretty pricey. Comparative to protector, they cost more a gallon (from what I remember) and I think they are a RTU product. (not dillutable)

I do not know how well they would "play" with protector products, or what specific situations would be best to use and apply them. I do get the feeling though, our costs could be fairly high to apply and making money, not just recouping costs, may or may not be an issue. I certainly would like to capitalize on stinky steamer's marketing. Has anyone run the numbers or maybe the better question should be, what members have worked in this arena?

Pros and cons?

6. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    IVe bought some anti-allergy presprays and rinses from jondon and they werent expensive at all.

But i bet the hwe extraction method is what is boasting this "certification".. that and a nice "donation" to the organization.

freemind likes this.
  7. freemind

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CG58GL

There is one from interlink that is a post spray. 60 bucks a gallon (and RTU, not dilluatable) and costs more than Maxim protector per gallon.

Yes, the presprays and rinses are cheaper, but are we supposed to ALSO spray down a post treatment to do the job right?

If someone really HAS allergies, I would think cutting corners on this type of work could kill your future sales. I do not know the process for "anti-allergen" treatments, and IF I was going to do them, I would want to do it right. Lots of people anymore have allergies. I think this could be a beneficial service, done right.

Maybe our resident experts can shed some light on this situation.

I have no doubt, SS made a nice donation to get a new marketing angle. But who know, maybe they changed their chem formula too. (In addition to a nice donation)

8. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Id have to think a thorough vacuum and quality HWE job would do amazing things in regard to a sensitive allergy sufferers carpet. No Chems required.

9. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

I'd be interested in seeing this study as well. I try to tell my customers who are debating on replacing carpet with wood or tile the downsides of their choice, but wish I could back it up with a study. One that isn't made up or anything... lol!

10. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I posted a few links on my website that Imperial actually turned me on to.
    Check them out. It shows in order from worst to best city, the most challenging places to live with spring allergies.
    Very interesting:

http://www.carpetrxoflouisville.com/index.php?p=1_2

11. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

Here are results from Sweden a few years ago. A recent study was reported on in the on-line version of either Cleanfax or ICS magazine last month. I am too far behind on work to hunt them down right now.

Swedish study.gif

Attached Files:

Torrey W likes this.
  12. freemind

Well.... Thanks @Scott Warrington . I remember reading an article, but I don't quite remember where it was.

Hopefully things slow down for you so you can talk to us a little bit on the subject. I am sure at some point I will have a custy with allergy issues and your insight could help me.