Who's using automatated email follow marketing programs?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Kipp, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

What programs are you guys using to automate your customer follow up?

What messages/offers are your using?

2. Theejcor

Theejcor FatCat Entrepreneur

I am interested in this as well. Hopefully someone will share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. UpFront Home Services

UpFront Home Services Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I wish I had my emails automated and post cards automated... Any ideas??

4. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    We have the Constant Contact app on iPhones and iPads in the field so we can record thief info and email and live send saved drafts for all sorts of scenarios.

5. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Okay so I use Aweber. I have used it for a LONG time. When I was teaching Internet Marketing I could use it to send drip letters to "prospects". Aweber also has an affiliate program so you can earn commissions on sales. Here is how I had it set up.

I had a "lead capture page" which was set up to give away something of value for free just for them signing up to the "news letter".
    I then sent them follow up Emails promoting what ever I was selling.
    I also sent them follow up emails teaching them how to set up capture pages, how to drive TARGETED traffic, and just basically duplicate what I had in place. This included how to set up the email marketing system which also included my aweber affiliate link. You can also use custom things like putting the person's First Name in the Email and Subject of the Messages.

I had income (monthly) coming in from my affiliate programs.

So how can all this fit in with this industry?

Well it's quite simple, and I am working on putting this into place myself.

1. Get a follow up Email system like Aweber, Get Response, and I see some here use Constant Contact. Any of those are fine, but make sure it's a good system.

2. Get started in the Spotter Bottle program with either Jon Don, or Interlink supply has one (that will also give you an option of an on line store) called Home Pro.

3. Load your marketing campaign with pre written letters that go out when you want them, you can also send out Blasts to all subscribers.

4. Entice people to sign up to your "News Letter" for FREE (that's a HUGE WORD), and get tips on how to keep a clean carpet or whatever.

5. They will then start to get the news letter on automation. The news letter can have tips on how to keep stains out, and all kinds of cool things. Plus if you use the Home Pro spotter program, you can entice them to use products based on the "Same Chemicals YOU use everyday", and include links to your Home Pro store. Then you can also make commissions on any chemical or product sales you generate as well.

It will take you some time to put together, but once in place it can help you keep in touch with clients, and also help you "teach them" tips and tricks, and maybe even earn you a few extra bucks in commissions.

I am still trying to put it together myself, but don't mind sharing the Emails and stuff once I set it all up.

Kipp likes this.
  6. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

What would be super cool is to be able to mark each customer with the best service to upsell in the future and the email system would have a pool of templates to choose from and pick the one that features that service

Dave Sigler, freemind and dklowery like this.
  7. katycarpetcleaning

katycarpetcleaning FatCat Entrepreneur

Alright Kip. You need to recruit us a kick a$$ programmer that can custom make the "Fat Cat Exclusive" completely customizable, fills every void, IPAD app.

dklowery likes this.
  8. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Well now, that can kind of be done, but it would require a LOT of time and effort to set up.
    Using what is called the "Automation Rule" you can have your client un subscribed from one list, and then re-subscribed to another list.

For instance, lets say you sell widget number 1, widget number 2 and widget number 3.
    When your client purchases widget number 2 as they fill out their information in the shopping cart (that is integrated with the responder) and buys, they are automatically removed from the 1st sales funnel, and placed into the next sales funnel that sells products in that interest bracket.
    This is done in the settings of the responder, the rule would be unsubscribe from list 1 when subscribed to list 2.

There are pre loaded templates that can be edited as well.

9. UpFront Home Services

Everything jus feels soooooo complex! Can't anything be simple...

dklowery likes this.
  10. admiralhawg

admiralhawg FatCat Entrepreneur

I don't currently utilize email for my routine customer contacts. I will send them an invoice by email, of course, or send specific communications they are expecting from me via email, but I don't do any marketing by email. I use Service Monster Fill My Schedule for that. I have been told that Service Monster will activate their email follow up program for those that request it, but they don't do so until you specifically ask. They feel the same way I do. Email is intrusive and annoying.

11. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

yea I know it can sound overwhelming, but in the long run after you catch on, it's not so bad.

When I was teaching Internet Marketing, I would have it set so others could just put in a code and the messages would load into their responders.
    I think I can do that here too.

12. UpFront Home Services

That would be nice. It seems like everything is sooo expensive too

dklowery likes this.
  13. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Yes I agree, and we do electronic invoices as well, but IF done correctly, Email marketing can be VERY effective. It has worked very well for me in the past, I am going to see if it will work well for this too.

14. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Yea, but for $20.00 a Month, it was/is the life line of my Internet Marketing.

15. admiralhawg

admiralhawg FatCat Entrepreneur

In my humble opinion, you may as well be saying telemarketing works if done correctly.

Sure it works, but ...

16. UpFront Home Services

This is Aweber?

17. UpFront Home Services

I'm using MailChimp its free :) not as sophisticated probably

18. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Yes I agree again, this is not for everyone, I just had an idea that could help others and so I thought I would share. I see your side as well. Some people don't like it and that's fine, but others do like it.

What's that old saying. One man's junk???

I respect your opinion. Please don't think I am trying to bust in here like a Bull, I just happened to notice some people seemed interested, I happen to know a little about Email Marketing, so I thought I would share what I know.

admiralhawg likes this.
  19. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

I have heard Mail Chimp is pretty good, but I have used Aweber for many years, and it works for me.
    If mail chimp works for you, by all means use it...

20. Corey

Corey FatCat Noob

Hi everyone, my company is developing an automated marketing system for cleaning businesses, so I thought I'd suggest it to the group. Our platform integrates with your existing calendar or appointment booking software to promote last-minute openings, limited-time specials and remind customers when it's time to book again. The system is completely hands-free for the business, so you can focus on your work instead of marketing.

I would love to hear any feedback from the group on the marketing challenges you face, as well as any other thoughts on what you would most value in a marketing system.

Here's a link to what we're building: http://www.hirefrederick.com/landing_pages/cleaning

Dave Sigler likes this.