What's in it for me? Opt in your email list?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Daniel Provorse, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Daniel Provorse

Daniel Provorse FatCat Player

Name:
    Daniel
    I'm about to start an email marketing list and was wondering...

For those of you managing an email marketing list, what do you offer clients for them to opt in?

I was thinking local donations kind of thing. "Donating $3 for everyone who signs up..."

Other ideas
    Free muffins when you sign up HAHA JK
    Sign up to be entered into a drawing for a _____. A drawing list could be a ton of different things

Your ideas?

2. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    I have a "Get Coupons" opt in form on my site that works pretty well. I don't push it nearly as much as I should, but I've got 330 people on the list. Which tells me that if I pushed it more, it would probably work pretty well.

When people opt in, they receive an email with some coupons for cleaning. Which is actually just a big jpg image of the back of one of my postcards, lol. It's actually pretty lame. I keep meaning to have Phillip Newell design a better image that's more suited to email, but never get around to it.

Standard%20EDDM%20back%20jpg_zpsr0yglxdq.jpg

Daniel Provorse likes this.
  3. Daniel Provorse

Daniel Provorse FatCat Player

Name:
    Daniel
    I like working with Phillip. He did my logo, van design, and business card.

Yea I listed coupons as a benefit to receiving emails. I didn't think about using it specifically as bait though. Maybe I'm trying to overdo it.

You have a pretty good list of coupons there too. Last year I used your post cards as my guide in designing mine. They worked pretty well.