What is the best way to handle a bad review??

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning' started by Jeffrey Tobian, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Jeffrey Tobian

Jeffrey Tobian FatCat Member

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
    I was driving down the road and I had my blinker for a mile and this guy that owns a window cleaning business would not let me in. I had to get over a lane if I wanted to go straight, so I gave it some gas and got over and then the light turned yellow so I was going to fast to stop. Well this guy went to my google my business and gave me a one star and a bad review because of my driving . He said I cut him off. I am in a big box truck. How do I handle this guy http://www.view-crew.com/ He has never used my service but he is my competition because he does pressure washing

Richard Galvan likes this.
  2. Robert Atlas

Robert Atlas Entrepreneur

Name:
    Robert Atlas
    I would respond to the Reveiw short and professional and take responsibility and apologize . We try to respond to all our reviews. It depends where he wrote the review. Some places make you show proof that you were a client to write a review for example customer lobby and rate lobby follows this rule . We had a woman last week write us a 1 star Reveiw and she was just mad because we asked for one. Nothing to do with the work we did. Also be diversified on places you have reviews with. A few years ago Google took away 43 of my reviews for no reason. This taught me to spread my Reveiws in different places. Also have so many good ones that a poor review won't matter and you can learn something from it as well. This is just my opinion. I hope that helps Jeff.

3. Jeffrey Tobian

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
  4. Daniel Provorse

Daniel Provorse FatCat Player

Name:
    Daniel
    That's tough. You can flag and report them on google. I've done it in the past and it doesn't ever seem to do much good but worth a try.

You could talk to a lawyer and see if it's worth suing over. Might just get a lawyer to send them a threat to sue if they don't delete their childish review.

I talked to a local guy who had a competitor write a bad review and the guy sued, won, and now the other company is not in business.

Just a letter from a layer should be enough.

Jeffrey Tobian likes this.
  5. Jeffrey Tobian

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
    OK this is a little silly, I followed him on his blogspot, pinterest, facebook, insagram, linkedin, I found his website and both his business facebook and google plus page, On google plus I followed everyone he was following, then at first I started liking all his stuff, Then I started sharing tips and tricks to help him. Then I offered to help him with his google plus page and helped him with his google my business , Then I said I was sorry for cutting him off on the road . He said he should gone about it a better way and maybe called me about it , well he took the bad review off. It was hard to stay on the positive side because I was so mad but it payed off. So thanks again @Robert Atlas Now I just feel like a stalker and I learned everything about him so it was easy to help him. Come to the dark side son

come to the dark side.JPG

and we can rule the galaxy just you and I

6. Robert Atlas

Robert Atlas Entrepreneur

Name:
    Robert Atlas
    Good job Jeff. I always pays to take the high road!

Jeffrey Tobian likes this.
  7. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

haha, that's awesome dude!

Richard Galvan likes this.
  8. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan

Do the same to him and give him a bad review as well. When he takes yours down you can take his down.

9. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Never mind, replied before I read the whole thread.

10. Jeffrey Tobian

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
    I really wanted to go on all his stuff and trash his business because I was so mad so I had to really work to stay positive and help him instead of trashing him. the stalking part is a little creepy but it payed off in the long run to learn everything about him

Johnny Bravo likes this.
  11. Richard Galvan

Richard Galvan FatCat Noob

Promptly responding to negative reviews shows the customer that you care and value their opinion. It may also be the catalyst that results in a person who had a bad experience with your business giving you a second chance. Depending on the problem, rather than respond to an adverse review by leaving a public comment, it may be better to reply privately via email or phone. For example, Yelp gives business page owners the opportunity to do so via email. If you resolve the matter to the customer’s satisfaction, leave a brief comment in the public timeline.

12. doneanddusted

doneanddusted FatCat Noob

I would iterate what others said and reply courteously but also, try to drown it out with other positive reviews! Many companies really don't encourage their customers to leave good reviews online and it can make such a difference! One bad review amongst a sea of good ones doesn't hurt too much.