What do your customers REALLY think of you?

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by Kipp, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

Customers will generally not tell you what they really think of your service at the end of the job. They may give you a nice smile, sign you work order and pay you...the real question is what do they say to themselves or others after you leave and the door closes?

Your business is not built off the payment from that job, you business is built off what each customer REALLY thinks of you and the service your company just provided.

The first area of your business that you must focus on is your first impression. If you nail this it will make the rest of your service a breeze, if you fail at a top notch first impression your entire job will be a mental uphill battle to have that customer rave about you and your company once you leave.

Factors to consider on a first impression:
    - Be ON TIME (A 30 minute ETA call is a good idea)
    - Don't pull into driveway until given permission
    - Clean, lettered or wrapped vehicle
    - Clean, well groomed, uniformed tech or operator
    - No sunglasses or gum when you meet the customer
    - Smile
    - Eye contact and be sincere
    - Be courteous in their home
    - With women hand them your biz card vs a handshake

Walk through
    - Let the customer lead you through their home
    - Listen to the customers concerns and always make eye contact when they are speaking
    - Acknowledge their concerns and give them professional advice on remedies
    - Act in a consulting manner to point out, educate and discuss optional services for any areas that make have a need for specialty services (dye stains, pet stains, etc.)
    - Take notes on WO as you walk through home
    - Place corner guards as you walk through
    - Review work to be completed on WO with customer and have them sign off in acceptance

Service
    - Use mats to protect areas that are not being cleaned
    - Take steps to keep front door closed as much as possible to keep their home protected from outside elements
    - Perform work promised
    - Once work is completed walk job with customer and ensure they are happy
    - Always treat the customers home with respect
    - After packing up equipment wipe down any areas that you marked up with your shoes or equipment (try to wear booties in the home as much as possible)
    - Adding a little extra bonus at each job (like spraying of entry sidewalk etc) is a nice touch

Never smoke or chew in front of the customer, carry extra uniforms and deodorant so you can be fresh at each job.

Lots more to this subject but this is a good start. What other things would you guys add to this?

True Clean and Cleaner King like this.
  2. Marlin

Marlin FatCat Member

The business card handed to the customer first instead of the handshake is a classic. If they want to follow that with a handshake they can but you gave them the easy way out if they didn't want to. Women especially can be made feel uncomfortable by a over reaching man.

True Clean and Torrey W like this.
  3. Pile Crusher

Pile Crusher FatCat Noob

Keep your hoses clean, customers don't want you dragging dirty hoses through their house

4. Sir Cleanolot

Sir Cleanolot FatCat Member

Re-attach their water hose on the side of the house if you used it

5. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Get a calendar with a new vocabulary word on it everyday. Try to use them. It goes a long way. Stay away from stuff that's too odd like ebullience. Use mid-grade stuff they've heard before but don't use in conversation much. Like, tell them if they have problems with wicking after the carpet dries you have a very easy remedy instead of saying "it's easy to fix". They will subliminally raise you several notches of respect in their mind's eye.

True Clean likes this.
  6. Pile Crusher

Pile Crusher FatCat Noob

Carry treats for their pets...ask first but most love people who acknowledge their pets

7. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I tried this and after being declined more times than accepted I quit. It became an awkward moment of truth.

It was like asking to hold their kid or something. These people are nuts about their dogs.

True Clean and PinkHippo like this.
  8. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    I take it one step further and ask if they want to meet my pet...the trouser snake.

9. Alex Lee

Alex Lee FatCat Noob

We have a follow up email with survey of how we performed. We maybe get 10% return rate.
    But who knows if they are not filling them out because they don't want to hurt the tech.

10. Cleaner King

Cleaner King FatCat Member

Wipe baseboards and block up furniture

11. True Clean

True Clean FatCat Member

When I sense that there may be a sound of concern in my customers voice I really beg them to tell me what's weighing on them, and they usually are so happy that I'm willing to hear their concerns without getting defensive.

12. $teamy

$teamy FatCat Member

My biggest goal is to always keep us looking as professional as possible and making sure the customer is always thrilled with our work. I want the van clean and impressive.
    But I don't have all the bells and whistles some of these guys talk about. Crazy electronics and marketing materials.

I'm just good old fashioned hard work.

13. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

LMAO