Upselling via list of additional services

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by Johnny Bravo, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    As some of you may or may not know, I hate upselling with a passion. I've sold Scotchguard twice this year and that was only because the customer insisted on it. I even give away pet treatment, red stain removal etc.

So I've decided the thing to do it make a nice brochure with a list of my additional services, hand them to each of my customers, and hope they read it and buy off of it. Or at least they can bring the subject up as opposed to me.

Which brings me to this post. Does anyone have anything lie this already that I can steal off of? I'm in the Southern, California area so I understand that those of you in my area wouldn't want to help me out so much. But I'm hoping those of you that I don't compete with might. So please, a little help? You can post right here or PM me if that is better for you. Thanks in anticipation. :)

2. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    I bought one of these sign displays. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I'm gonna have Phillip Newell design a really slick looking "menu" of my services with some very, very brief descriptions and maybe some specials or something. I'll have it printed off and then I'll put it in the display and just set it on the kitchen counter on every residential job I do. I always bring in the customer's paperwork before I start working and go over it with them, then ask if I can set it out of the way on a table or counter. So the idea is to put the menu up there too where they won't be able to help looking at it.

The display is just a cheap piece of plastic, but the black border makes it look very classy and eye-catching. Honestly at first glance it looks like an iPad. I figure with a menu designed with high quality images, it'll really make people notice.

Johnny Bravo likes this.
  3. Johnny Bravo

Name:
    John Sheridan
    I like Ross. Now I need the damn content. A designer of this stuff I am not.

4. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Phillip c
    Phillip can do all the heavy lifting. Just be like "Yo Flip, I want an 8x11 sign that says 'Dont Forget My Other Services!' at the top. Then put pictures of upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning, rug cleaning, pressure washing and garage floor cleaning with captions. And put a little coupon on it that says 'schedule NOW and get $25 off!'. Make it look all cool and stuff. Thanks. Bravo out."

Done and done.

5. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I think your doing the right thing johnny. Your missing out bad not offering the other services.

I dont know what it is but my tech sells more scotchgard than i ever did! Kid is a beast!

Bicc likes this.
  6. Johnny Bravo

Name:
    John Sheridan
    I appreciate all the positive words. But I am still looking for some good copy..................for free. ;)

7. Gary.Wiebe.Weebco

Gary.Wiebe.Weebco FatCat Noob

I have made a lot of money applying furniture and carpet and rug and leather protectors. Here is a website in California that you can get some ideas from. I was their tech in Houston for over 10 years.
    I was treating exotic elephant hide sofas that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
    http://www.ultra-guard.com

8. Gary.Wiebe.Weebco

Gary.Wiebe.Weebco FatCat Noob

Years ago someone asked me if Scotchgard or furniture protect was any good and I actually said it wasn't that good. I walked out of that house not selling anything extra and I felt like a fool.
    So my point is you have to believe in what you're selling, you only sold Scotchgard twice this year you said.

9. Johnny Bravo

Name:
    John Sheridan

Yep, only sold it twice and that's because the customer insisted on it.

10. Royal Man

Royal Man Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Look for my cleaning menu. I posted it a while back

11. Joseph Rogers

Joseph Rogers Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Ross...the plastic piece. You take it with you when you leave? That's a chunk of change to leave one at every house...

12. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Yes, take it when u leave

13. elementcarpet

elementcarpet FatCat Member

Name:
    Gary Throckmorton
    I'm with you Johnny, for me it's the fear of rejection. I need to get over that crap!

14. Johnny Bravo

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Honestly Gary, It's not the fear of rejection for me. I use to work for a bait and switch company back in the day and I was the #2 seller. I'm just trying to stay out of that sales mode, otherwise I'll be selling them anything and everything just for the sake of the sell.

elementcarpet likes this.
  15. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram FatCat Entrepreneur

dedu4umy.jpg

I made this up a while ago. The prices are starting points.

freemind and Gary.Wiebe.Weebco like this.
  16. Royal Man

Royal Man Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Pictures and short discriptions with no prices sell better. Think of drink menus at a resturant.

17. Bone Dry

Bone Dry FatCat Member

I have a list of services I will share. Email me and will send it over! Bonedrycarpet@gmail.com. I leave it with customer while I am cleaning.

18. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas FatCat Player

Yo Johnny, get over it. You aren't a bait and switch company. Look at up selling additional services as serving them better. Try looking at it from the viewpoint that if you don't do the work, some other company is going to come in and rip them off. By you offering the service you are protecting them from the scumbag bait and switchers.

elementcarpet and Johnny Bravo like this.
  19. Bone Dry

Bone Dry FatCat Member

Get it Johnny? Emailed it this morning. Jeff Maietta

20. Johnny Bravo

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Yes I did. Thank you very much buddy.

Bone Dry likes this.