Tile cleaning, valuable add on

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Matthew, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Dave Matthew

Dave Matthew FatCat Noob

Hey guys, I just want to share a short story. I was speaking to another local cleaner yesterday and we were chatting about tile cleaning and sealing. I gave him a free bottle of 2790 to try and he mentioned he doesn't do much tile cleaning and sealing, and prefers to sub it out. Normally I would ask to have him sub to me, but wanted to share how easy it is. There are numerous cleaners, powder and liquid, that will do a good job cleaning tile. Hell, I even used carpet prespray in a pinch before. And then here's the key, solvent sealer. This guy hated getting on his knees and manually sealing the grout lines. Trust me, I would too. I used to use water based sealers until I discovered solvent based sealers. All you have to do is spray on the floor, wipe with a flat microfiber mop, and then go back if needed with a terry towel to soak up where you oversprayed. I have used numerous tile cleaners, feel free to PM me if you would like details on specific cleaners. And there are only a handful of solvent sealers out there, but keep your eyes open because a brand new one is about to hit the market from a very well known international company. Stop subbing this out and start making more money!

2. Jeffrey Tobian

Jeffrey Tobian FatCat Member

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
    @Dave Matthew how much do you charge to clean tile??? I charge 75 cents to clean and 50 cents to seal

3. Proactive

Proactive FatCat Noob

Thanks for the great tip.

4. Lightwalk333

Lightwalk333 FatCat Noob

Im with Mr Tobian up there. How much are you charging for the service?

5. Paul Notarstefano

Paul Notarstefano FatCat Noob

Name:
    Paul Notarstefano
    Tile cleaning is a job that can easily take your breath out. But still we do it. Serving here in Long Island, Nassau and Suffolk county, and experience such things day by day. Sometimes not easy to deal with customers.

6. AtlantaJoe

AtlantaJoe FatCat Noob

Solvent based sealers are way better than water based ones, also using the low-end brands doesn't help ether.