Tile and Grout Cleaning..Best equipment?

Discussion in 'Tile, Stone, & Grout Care' started by Bicc, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

How much cleaning solution to apply and how much dwell time depend on several variables. What is the soil level? How long since last professional cleaning? Also consider the possibility of efflorescence. When there is a history of efflorescence or signs of some efflorescence already present, I limit the moisture and cut the dwell time.

For the typical job, I do apply the prespray rather heavy. Dwell time is usually less than 10 minutes.

2. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    I put enough down to cover all the grout lines and all tile surface. If you just spray the grout lines, sometimes you'll see dirty squares inside the tiles after you've cleaned because your chemical didn't reach those areas. Or you'll see the dirty squares with a clean footprint inside, because at some point you stepped on that area and the sole of your shoe was wet with whatever chemical you're using. Then it "burns" an image of the sole of your shoe onto the tile.

3. DryVaporSteam

DryVaporSteam FatCat Noob

Hey Lloyd!
    Your comment about ColorSeal got my attention. I did my first job in February 2017 and setting up to do my 5th job this week. I'm sold on it, but I haven't figured out how to market it. Got any free advise?
    Thanks, Scott