Tawk.to Review | Live Chat on Your Website

Discussion in 'ROI - Tracking & Conversion' started by Bicc, May 20, 2015.

1. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    I was asked to leave my thoughts on https://www.tawk.to/. First I want to thank @fencerider for sharing this awesome money making tool here on Fatcat.

First let me start by saying this is absolutely FREE to setup, easy to setup and there is also an app to have on your phone to answer a chat while out in the field. You can also change your status to away so you can just get a message if you are unable to chat.

As fence said in the thread previously about this maybe helping with conversions...it absolutely does! Would some of these prospective clients booked with us regardless of the chat? Sure...maybe they would but I don't see the reason in testing that theory if this is working. I can honestly say that between the chat's I have had and my office assistant has had....we are at 100% at booking the people that chat w/ us. Now I am not going to lie and say we had 40 chats and booked them all....it has been about 9 days that we have had this up and running and out of the 6 chats we landed 6 jobs. Well...8 chats but one was w/ @fencerider and another silly convo with Mrs. Jones aka @Carpet-Rx of Louisville. The average ticket price from those chats that converted into jobs is about $186 which I will take all day long considering I didn't pay a dime to set this up. Let me also say that 2 of those jobs were kinda no brainers....I knew we would get those regardless because they rent from a property management group that highly recommend our company.

So now I will give you my honest opinion and pros and cons. So my opinion is this thing is sweet..I think it's awesome because I know it is something that will absolutely convert the customers' that might be on the fence about scheduling w/ you or joe blow....but guess what...is joe blow talking to them after his work hours? Nope! You are so I can assure you..unless you or your staff just suck...you will get the job and MORE jobs.

PROS

^ Obviously there was pros above but I will throw in some more.
    • Allows you to have an edge on your competitor.
    • Allows you to schedule jobs while watching ESPN or pooping.
    • Professional Image
    • Great for marketing. Put it on your flyers, Facebook...your van." Live Chat! Visit www.give-me-your-money.yay "
    • Really will help your conversions.
    A study called “Making Proactive Chat Work” that was conducted by Forrester Research found the following:

“Many online consumers want help from a live person while they are shopping online; in fact, 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.

Cons

I am not going to hit more boring bullet points on this one as it will be different for everyone. If you are an owner operator and it is just YOU...it will obviously be a bit more difficult during the day while to busy to be able to chat. But you can still take full advantage of this while sitting at home. Just switch your status to online and when you hear a ring..go make some money. Same for weekends.

If your website does not get much traffic and you are not ranking well in your local area then you might notice you are not getting many chats at all and might get discouraged. But the problem is...if you only have 15 visitors a week the chances of you getting much action on just 15 people might not be to high vs having 150 visitors in a week.

I am not saying you have to have be hip to SEO and ranking well to be able to use this...but I am saying if you can't drive traffic to your site in other ways...you very well might be wasting your time using this app in my opinion. So basically if you don't care much about any of what I just mentioned you would just be wasting your time. If you throw a chat box on your website you can't expect people to just start showing up. This is not one of the things where "If you build it they will come".....because they won't. So just want to throw that out there in case someone adds this thinking it will be a game changer because it is not.

Another con...and I am not 100% sure on this...maybe fence knows. But you can see the person type as they type before they even click send. I can see if they backspace or delete and then start a new paragraph and all that and I am curious if they can also see the same on their end. I don't really like that if that is the case. What if I am typing and myself or my secretary start putting in a price of say $192 and the erase it and put $232...or keep going back because we spell stuff wrong lol.

That is my take on the Tawk chat for your website. I suggest trying it out and not telling me I am dumb if you don't like it lol. Below is a chat I had on my cellphone while watching tv to give you an idea. It's just as easy as texting...and she scheduled for tomorrow. Emergency cat piss..yay.

Screenshot_2015-05-20-20-14-03.png Screenshot_2015-05-20-20-14-20.png

Joeyjcc likes this.
  2. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

Thanks for the comprehensive review @Bicc !

Bicc likes this.
  3. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    Thanks for sharing the app man...seriously it really is awesome. I asked the lady that scheduled yesterday through the chat...why she instantly booked with us the way she did...her response " Well...I liked that I was able to talk to you guys after hours".

4. Thomas Grey

Thomas Grey FatCat Noob

Name:
    Thomas Grey
    One can also try eAssistance Pro live chat software as it it easy to integrate and user friendly. eAssistance Pro is also one of the most secure and reliable chat solution because it is integrated with 256-bit SSL encryption. It is not a free tool but one can try it's fully featured 15 day's free trial version to understand it's features and functionality.

5. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

Your crap link has been deleted. One more spam post and you're gone too.