Should I make the email personal, or should it look like an email list?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Brian__G, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Brian__G

Brian__G Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

With my email software, I can set it up so that my real email address is in the "from" box, so that if a user clicks reply it I will actually be able to see the email and respond to it. It doesn't seem that many companies do this. They put in "from" address like "no-reply.mydomain.com". Is there any reason to avoid using a real email address. Am I going to get a ton of spam? Personally, if I know I can reply to a real person, I don't think of the email as spam. It just seems more legit. Do other people feel that way? I can always use a separate email account and if it get's cluttered with spam, just abandon it.

What do you think?

JB likes this.
  2. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

You can quickly set up a dedicated email so if it does get hit with spam you can just dump it.

3. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I used my real email. It gives it way more of a real human Element. People HATE spam.

Shoot I even put my name in the subject line just so they new it wasn't spam.

4. Brian__G

Does anyone ever click the reply button and email you back?

5. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I had 3 customers reply to the email to schedule a job.
    The rest all called.

I liked it either way.

6. Brian__G

The more I think about it. This is a no-brainer. Because in the past, I found that spam was so hard to fight, I've become paranoid about giving out my email address. Why would I want to make it harder for a potential customer to contact me? I've got my cell phone number plastered right at the top of my website for anyone in the world to find, and I'm actually worried about giving out my email. That's silly.

Torrey W likes this.
  7. trailmatch

trailmatch FatCat Noob

I am doing the same thing like yours. For me its better to show up your email address in the FROM box so that receivers can easily see where the email came from. It would be convenient too as they can reply immediately by just a single click. And yes it is more legit if your email add is appearing on and it will encourage the reader or receiver to pay attention on it and might as well respond immediately. For some companies using the "donotreply" thing, with my own experience as soon as i see this in my inbox, i usually ignore this and most of the time delete it immediately.

8. Mike McNally

Mike McNally FatCat Player

Here's what my email for December will look like, obviously the text will change.

christmas email.001.png