Setting Up A News Letter Program

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by dklowery, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

As I posted in another thread, I am working on setting up an automated system using a Auto Responder.
    I will also be setting up a Spotter Bottle Program and then combining them for better marketing.

As I write the follow up letters I can post them here as well so that you can copy them and put into your automated system as well.

First I would like to ask forum admins if this is okay to do?
    Second, are there any people here who would be interested in learning how to set this up?

Thanks,

Kipp and katycarpetcleaning like this.
  2. katycarpetcleaning

katycarpetcleaning FatCat Entrepreneur

I love that idea. Sounds like more work on my project list.

3. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Is it for sale? Or are you just offering it?

I think if your just offering it openly we would welcome it.
    If its for sale, we would probably want to review it to make sure it's legit, then have fun.

4. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    The whole idea though is great!

I give all customers a spotter bottle with my logo and number on it. It offered lifetime free refills.

5. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Nope not for sale.

My idea here is to also get input from other members. I am selling nothing at all, just an idea on how to help improve marketing for everyone here.

I am putting this together as I go. Like I said I am kind of new to the carpet cleaning industry, but I do know Internet Marketing and affiliate marketing, so I thought it would be cool to take what I know as far as Affiliate and Internet Marketing, then take input from some here that know about floor care, and add to that what my wife knows about house cleaning, and together we can ALL put together one kick but marketing program.

So no I am not selling this. The only cost to anyone is what they would pay for the Email marketing program (Aweber, Get Response, Constant Contact, or any of those), and any other marketing materials.

Kipp likes this.
  6. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Sounds like a winner!

Lets do it.

7. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Okay cool.

So it is VERY important that ANYONE who does this understands that Automated Email programs such as News Letters or any time you send Email to people that you have the okay from them to do this. IF you do not have a person's okay to send them Email it is what we call SPAM!

You can NOT randomly send out Email to people and if you do, your ISP can be informed as well as your web host company, you can be fined, and you can lose your hosting too.
    The law I am referring to is called the "Can Spam Act", and as part of the Can Spam Act you MUST provide your contact information and a way for subscribers to "OPT OUT" of your news letter. This information MUST be provided in EVERY Email you send and is normally provided in the signature file of every Email.

This is one reason we use Opt in forms, so the person has to physically put in a Name and Email address, however, anyone can put your information into a form, and so for this reason a good responder program such as Aweber or Get Response has the "Double Opt In".

The Double opt in means that once the form is filled out, that person gets an Email and they have to click the link inside that Email to CONFIRM they want your Email. That way you have proof they wanted your info because they first filled out a form, and they clicked a link they got as well. Some people for whatever reason also forget they requested your information, so it's also good to remind them sometimes inside the Email once in a while that they signed up at your site.

It's important that you understand, as long as you have they okay, and provide your contact details, as well as a way for them to get off your "list", then this can be very rewarding. Do not fear, just know the rules and abide by them. You and your client can have a wonderful relationship.

In internet marketing we say "The Money Is In The List". The bigger the list, the more money you can make. But it's more than that.
    You have to create Know, Like and Trust. If people don't know, like or trust you, they will NEVER buy from you. If you can create those key things, they will buy anything you put in front of them. In Internet marketing we call this Attraction Marketing.
    Attract people, create trust in them, and they will buy (in this case call you back).

More in the next post.

8. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Now it's time to choose which program you will use to handle all your email's.
    Personally I use Aweber.
    There is also Get Response and Constant Contact, just choose a good one.

Just Google them and they will come up.

There are FREE ones, but I stay away from them because they place ads in your Email's and the last thing you want is someone else's ads in front of your client.

Once you have your account you will have to set up the personal details. If you need help they have tutorials and stuff, and if you still need help I can help you with Aweber.

I have an affiliate link for Aweber, and IF the Admin says I can share it I will, otherwise I will not put it here, it gives me credit for someone signing up.

Okay so here is where it gets good. Now we are going to get into the News Letters. But first here are some things to keep in mind.

1. NEVER send too many Email's. Your system should be set up to send a news letter NO MORE than once a week, Bi Weekly is better, and some even have Monthly. You decide if you want a Weekly news letter, a Bi weekly, or Monthly news letter, but no matter which you decide, make sure that's what you call it on the web site (Sign Up For Our Weekly News Letter), that way they know it will be an Email a week etc...
    If you send too many Emails people will un subscribe because it will seem like SPAM.
    It's okay to send a blast out for a special event, like a Labor Day Special or something like that.

2. ALWAYS build value, and even more important ALWAYS over deliver. Create value in what you send to your "list". Don't be pushy or come off like a sales person. Make sure you connect on the client level, really show them you have an interest in helping them maintain their house clean and fresh. Chances are, if you show them you are in it to help them, rather than just close the sale, they will not hesitate to call you back.

3. Give them incentives to stay on your list. Offer coupons and discounts, for instance, you could say "In the next issue be on the lookout for a money Saving Coupon".

So why would you want to build a "list" anyhow?
    Because like I said before It helps with retention rates.
    Lets say you have a nice web site up, and Mr. Smith visits. He sees what he likes and says I will keep this in mind. Once he leaves there is little chance he will be back.

Now lets say Mr. Smith comes to your web site, he sees what he likes, he signs up for your news letter, now you can continue to keep in touch with Mr. Smith.
    Let's say you go to Mr. Smiths house to do a job, before you leave you say Oh by the way Mr. Smith, go to our web site and sign up for our Monthly news letter, where we have tips and tricks to help keep your carpets clean, such as tips for spots and high traffic areas. We also offer coupons and discounts that can help save you some money on our next visit. Mr. Smith hears Coupons to save on our next visit and signs up for your news letter.
    Once you show Mr. Smith some value in your news letter, who do you think he is going to call next time?

Oh and how do you get people to sign up?
    Rather than just put the form on a web site, and hope they fill it out, give them some kind of incentive, like offer a coupon.

Sign up for our Weekly News Letter, and get a Two For One Deal. Purchase A Two Room Cleaning And We Will Clean Two Extra Rooms For FREE! This Is A $50.00 Value.

You get the idea, just give them something of value in exchange for giving you a name and Email address. Remember, BUILD VALUE!!!!!
    I don't know about the other Email marketing Programs, but Aweber lets you put in Coupons, just click and drag the coupon where you want it, customize it and it's there.

Next Post. The Letters.

9. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

okay so I had to take some time and put together the pages. I am NOT putting the news letter sign up page in the navigation of the web site yet. I will do this when the system is set up. I said the first message would be in this post, but I wanted to share a few other things first, so it will be in the next post.
    So here is the News Letter sign up page.
    http://www.cleanwithruth.com/news.html
    So I put that coupon together and placed it on the page for them to see. We all know that coupons work, and if someone can get a valuable service for a discount, it's an enticement.
    The main goal of a "List" in Internet Marketing is to make a sale, our main goal here is client retention so they call us back. we get them to do this by offering them money saving coupons!

So with Aweber, there are loads of templates to choose from, and you can edit them as well.
    You can also set the form up to "Pass Data" info to the confirmation page so that it makes that page personal.
    For instance, the page I have it set to direct to is http://www.cleanwithruth.com/confirm.html
    If you click that link, it will be a little strange looking, but after someone fills out the form, their name and Email are placed in certain places.

The system has already sent the first letter to them with the Coupon inside that they can print. (See Below).

10. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Email Number 1.

This Email has to provide the coupon you told them they would get. Aweber lets you upload images or create coupons. You can place them anyplace you want in the Email.

This message should be short and sweet. It should contain a thank you message, and should tell them what they can expect from you soon. It also has a link back to the web site. You got them to "opt in" now you need to keep them, so you also let them know what to look for in the next issue.

This is what it looks like in the responder.
    {!firstname_fix} <<< This put's the person's first name in that space.

Subject:
    {!firstname_fix}, Thanks for signing up to Tips And Tricks, Coupon inside.

Body:
    Hello {!firstname_fix} --
    We wanted to thank you for signing up to our Tips and Tricks news letter from our web site at http://www.cleanwithruth.com , where we will be showing you some tips and tricks that will help you keep up with things around the house.
    In the coming Issues we will show you some of the very same methods we use and we will teach you some cool tricks that will help make things easier on you, and we will also send you money saving coupons from time to time to help save you some of that hard earned money on our future visits, so be on the lookout for our News Letters.
    As promised, below is your coupon that we promised you for signing up to this News Letter.

>>>{Insert Real Coupon Without Sample Text HERE}<<<

Simply print out this coupon and mention it when booking your next cleaning service. Then hand it to the Technician at time if service..
    In our next issue we will talk about the key ingredients of getting a carpet clean.
    Until Next Time,

{!Signature}

This is what they see in the Email.

Subject:
    Donald, Thanks for signing up to Tips and Tricks, Coupon Inside

Body:
    Hello Donald --
    We wanted to thank you for signing up to our Tips and Tricks news letter from our web site at http://www.cleanwithruth.com , where we will be showing you some tips and tricks that will help you keep up with things around the house.
    In the coming Issues we will show you some of the very same methods we use and we will teach you some cool tricks that will help make things easier on you, and we will also send you money saving coupons from time to time to help save you some of that hard earned money on our future visits, so be on the lookout for our News Letters.
    As promised, below is your coupon that we promised you for signing up to this News Letter.

4%20roomsweb.jpg

Simply print out this coupon and mention it when booking your next cleaning service. Then hand it to the Technician at time if service..
    In our next issue we will talk about the key ingredients of getting a carpet clean.
    Until Next Time,
    Donald and Ruth Lowery
    Phone Number Omitted in the forum

Address Omitted in the forum

Unsubscribe Link, Change Subscriber Info link.

11. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

Great input and thanks for taking the time to share it here!

dklowery likes this.
  12. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Thanks, I hope that this will help others. I am thinking about offering like a free webinar so that people can join in and maybe we can do a walk through on setting it all up.
    Maybe it can be recorded and posted here for future benefit.

After getting through the messages, maybe will look into it.

13. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Okay so something I forgot to mention before. The HUGE benefit to Email Marketing is that it's 100% automated. It literally works for you on your behalf.

1. It keeps in contact with your clients for you.
    2. It offers value to your business.
    3. You can make more money with it.
    4. It tracks EVERYTHING for you.

So how does it make more money?
    Right now (after reading this post), you should go to https://paypal.com
    Set up a FREE business account and link it to your bank account. Don't worry, I have used Pay Pal for over 13 years and have never had one issue.
    Alternatively if you already have an on line payment gateway, you could use that as well.

Here is why. You can also offer things for sale!
    We are going to touch on that in the next Email we send out.
    What can you sell?
    Well how about chemicals, rags, carpet rakes, let your imagination flow here. I know you may say, I can sell that stuff when I am at the job. Yes you can, but you can also let your web site work for you too.

We are setting up the Home Pro sales funnel so we make commissions on everything we sell from there, but you don't have to do that, just pick up some extra stuff and put a little mark up on it, then you can make some extra cash now and then. The benefit to the affiliate program with Home Pro is they do all the shipping and everything, we don't have to stock anything extra, plus they handle all the money and just pay us based on what we sell.

It tracks every message sent out, who it sends to, what message your subscribers are on, how many subscribers you have, who clicks on what message, who clicks on what links in the Email, all that valuable data is available to you at any time.

You will see this come together soon.

14. Charles P.

Charles P. FatCat Member

This post is very informative and gets the wheels turning on ways to increase revenue without increasing cost. Thanks for sharing.

dklowery likes this.
  15. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Okay today we do message #2

Now we are going to explain a little about the cleaning process, to help them better understand what it is carpet cleaners do, and then we are going to promote a product in our affiliate store. We will do this again in the next Email.

Today I will just post the Email they will get, you can copy and paste into your responder.

Message #2

Subject: Carpet Cleaning Basics

Body:

Hello, Donald ,
    Last time we told you we would talk about carpet cleaning basics in this issue, so lets get to it.
    There are basically three key ingredients in cleaning a carpet.
    1. Agitation
    2. Heat
    3. Suction
    Some will also argue that the chemical falls into this equation, and while this is true, I tend to feel that is a different category by it's self. I will cover this in a moment, but first, let's look a little closer at the three key's.

Agitation - this is a very important part of the process of cleaning, weather it's a carpet, clothing, even dishes. Think about it for a minute. When you put your clothing into a washing machine, what does it do while it cleans? It Agitates. Next time you run your dish washer, listen to the cleaning cycle. It Agitates the liquid to clean the dishes.

Look at the bottom of your vacuum cleaner, you will see that roller with brushes, this is to agitate the carpet as it cleans. This is why most carpet cleaners carry a good vacuum, and they also have what's called a carpet rake, to help Agitate the pile and loosen the dirt from the pile.

Heat - This one kind of makes me laugh, because people call carpet cleaners "Steam Cleaners". The proper term is called "Hot Water Extraction", because we use very hot water, so hot, it steams. The heat actually works to help brake down the dirt and loosen it so that it can be suctioned from the carpet. This is also a key roll in the chemical that is used, but there are different chemicals for different tasks, they are actually formulated to do different jobs. This is why it is important that you choose a company that understands how to use the chemicals in the extraction process. Once again, your appliances in the home also use heat with the cleaning process.

Suction - The last ingredient is the suction. This is why carpet cleaners use those powerful machines. They can produce extreme heat and have massive suction power.
    It's very important that once the dirt is broken free from the pile that you get it out of the carpet, or else it will just come back in a week or so, plus it is important to get the water out, otherwise, you can have some serious issues under the mat.

Okay Donald , now that you have a little understanding of how carpet cleaners get your carpets nice and clean, let's go back to the Chemical. You see, carpet cleaners all use different chemicals for different jobs. This is a very important part of the job, because you have to know how much to use. If you use too much, you will also have issues with stains coming back. Here is why. The chemicals are designed to break up and attract the dirt in your carpet. So in reality, the suction process is all about getting the chemical back out, because it has all the dirt attracted to it, and therefore it takes the dirt with it. If too much chemical is used, and it's not properly removed, it will sit in the carpet and continue to attract dirt, causing spots and stains to appear.
    Well there you have it, the key ingredients in the carpet cleaning process. It's really the same process as any other way of cleaning, but only with much more powerful tools and chemicals, used the proper way and in the proper amounts.
    It's always a good idea to get the stain out as quick as you can after it happens. This is why we always leave a free bottle of spotter with our clients. This way our clients can get to those stains quickly between our regular visits, which is recommended every 6 months.
    We also partner with Home Pro in order to bring high quality products into the hands of our clients. They have an awesome heavy duty spotter that you can order and have on hand.
    It's called Heavy Duty Spotter.
    13023a.jpg
    HomePro Heavy Duty Spotter is ready for the toughest of spots and stains. Removes a wide variety of stains from fabrics and carpet including: ink, markers, paint, lipsticks, mascara, crayons and many more!
    Click the image above, or Click Here to order an 8oz bottle for only $9.60
    Okay Donald , The time has come to close this issue of Tips and Tricks. In the next issue we will continue talking about chemical's and why it's important to know which ones to use and when to use them.

Thanks for reading this issue, and be sure to tell a friend to sign up too.
    Until next time.
    SIGNATURE

16. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

So the idea here is to let your client know that YOU are the expert, you know what you are talking about, and you know what you are doing.
    YOU have to be the expert in what you do, and if your client sees that you are indeed the expert and know your stuff, guys, you are going to kill it.

This is why Email marketing is (in MY opinion) a MUST. It would take you hours of your precious valuable time to explain this stuff to them, but in ONE email, I have already proven that I understand the carpet cleaning process. The best part is that it works for you.

Now remember I said before that you can track clicks and things in the Emails?
    Guess what. Every time someone on my list clicks the link for the spotter, I will know. I will know who, when and how many times.
    When they buy, I will also see that in my affiliate account, and now it will come together for me.

You say there is no guarantee they will buy, and this is true, there is also no guarantee they will be a return customer for you too.
    Trust me here, NOT everyone will buy, but some will, it's a numbers game, and when someone does buy, you make a little extra, maybe not much, but it is extra.

More soon.

Torrey W likes this.
  17. Torrey W

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    This very good. Thank you for the share.

I have a quick question @dklowery
    Have you ever attended one of those constant contact email marketing seminars?
    I'm thinking of signing up for one soon here. I need to utilize email marketing much more!

Thanks again!

18. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

Message Number 3. So if you have a Weekly News Letter this is the Third week, if Monthly then this is the third month.
    Now I am doing this based on the Home Pro spotter and the affiliate program they give you free when you order the spotter's.
    You can use what ever you want. Also this is open for talk.

Subject: Donald, Tips and Tricks, Issue Three

Body:
    Hello Donald,
    Welcome to Issue number Three of the Tips and Tricks News Letter. Last time we talked about the basics of cleaning carpets and we touched a little on chemicals. Today we are going to talk a little more about chemicals.
    Using the proper chemical for the job is important weather you think so or not. You wouldn't use dish washing soap in the shower would you? It's the same with carpet cleaning, there are chemicals designed to do certain things. For instance there is a special formula for Red stains such as Kool-Aid, Punch, and that kind of thing, then there are formulas designed for heavy soil, and then there are formulas designed for pet stains.
    Like we said in our last issue, the formulas are designed to attract the dirt and soil, and then when we lift the chemical it takes that soil with it. One huge mistake we see all the time is when a person spills something they grab a rag and start scrubbing the spot. This is the wrong thing to do as this only spreads the stain and makes it bigger. It's always best to place the rag over the stain and Blot the stain rather than scrub it.
    Here is a video that will show you the process. Click the image below.

vid.jpg

Last time we told you about how we always leave a free bottle of our spotter after any carpet cleaning. We also partner with Home Pro and you can purchase a bottle of spotter directly from them and they will ship it right to your door. last time we talked about the Heavy Duty Spotter, this time we introduce you to the spot and stain remover shown in the video.
    Click The Image To Order.
    13020_sm.jpg
    Okay Donald , please enjoy the video, and next time we will talk about pets.
    Thank you for subscribing to our News Letter.
    Regards,

SIGNATURE

19. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

No I have not. I have learned what I know from my years in Internet Marketing (MLM).
    I have been building lists for years, I once got over 100 opt in's in one day.

Here is one thing I suggest STRONGLY.
    Try and stay away from the templates. Try and use plain text as much as you can. Here is why.

Email providers can deliver Email in either HTML or Plain Text. Most people don't know this or how to changes it, so most people have Plain Text Email.
    If you send an HTML Template Email to an account that is set up for plain text, the Email will show up looking goofy.

Just a thought.

Torrey W likes this.
  20. dklowery

dklowery FatCat Member

I am working to have a new web site put up, once it is done (in about 2 weeks) I will share. I am also getting ready to travel, I should be able to get some more letters written next week while in the hotel. Heading to el Paso for a conference.