Same job, different day

Discussion in 'Water Damage/Fire Restoration' started by 0331grunt, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

Last summer I dried out a church in my area that had extensive roof damage from a storm. Took about 8 days and another crew from another company. We had about 150 total pieces of equipment and did a great job.

Fast forward to yesterday...

Got a call from the pastor of this same church and had a water pipe rupture and flood a whole wing. Two inches of standing water in over 15,000 square feet! Got a team dispatched and extracted with three trucks. Set up over 250 pieces of equipment on this one. Dropped everything I had equipment wise.

2014 is starting good for me and hope that is for all the FatCats out there as well.

Stay safe and dry out!

I'll try and get some pics up.. having issues with camera/computer not communicating, tho....

Johnny Bravo likes this.
  2. aspenedelen

aspenedelen FatCat Player

Just Just now now saw this. That is a awesome job. How is the dry out coming along? Do you you have 250 pieces of equipment on the job still or has that number hone up? How has has that's adjuster been with you so far? Any complications arisen?

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Man this sounds like a great job.

4. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

The job is going very well. The best part about it is that the other company I partner with has taken on the task of dealing with adjuster and billing. I am basically just providing equipment and manpower. We are going to start removing equipment today and should be out by Wednesday, if all goes well. The adjuster is the same one that was on the last job and he knows how we work and has been super easy to deal with. At least on the drying part. Where it gets tricky is the reconstruction. I am out on that this time. I'm just gonna take my money and run... so to speak! LOL

5. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

Anthony, are you in Tampa at SFS this week or is that next week? I will be gone all next week so we wouldn't be able to meet up then.

6. aspenedelen

In Tampa all this week.

Anthony

7. aspenedelen

Reconstruction can weigh heavily on a firm as the inefficiencies can rise very quickly.

I always bring in construction experts for the build back as I know that is where I am not proficient.

8. Josh

Josh FatCat Member

Hey that's great! I'm glad it's going good for you already!

I have a job scheduled for the 29th, so....