Ranking a secondary service page

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ELEMENTS, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ELEMENTS

ELEMENTS FatCat Player

Hello Fat cats
    My main page ranks very well and I'm in the A spot for my area. I just can't seem to rank my tile and grout page . I added links to that specific page niche specific and it jumped up then was deleted off Google so I just changed the content and released another one . Any ideas how to rank sub pages .

2. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Following!

I wish i had more to add.

Only thing i know in my extremely limited knowledge is maybe adding some decent content and keywords, then blog with links back to it.

Nancy likes this.
  3. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas FatCat Player

Blog with the title the town and tile and grout cleaning/sealing/repair/regrouting/... there's a bunch of different mix matches you can do for those words. Explain what you did on the job and post before and after photos of the project with the titles again in the description of the photos.

Jeffrey Tobian likes this.
  4. ELEMENTS

ELEMENTS FatCat Player

I have a blog and I have a ton of tile and grout articles with different towns keywords etc . Am I missing something or are you saying link from my blog (on site) to this service page (internal link)

5. ELEMENTS

ELEMENTS FatCat Player

If anyone has a blog network please PM me .

6. Lloyd Christmas

7. ELEMENTS

ELEMENTS FatCat Player

I was using keywords "tile and grout cleaning Windsor "
    Ranked pretty low for that one .
    I should probably stop leaning so hard on this as my only marketing source .

8. Lloyd Christmas

Your video is the 1st thing that comes up!!!

Literally your only marketing source? You don't have a lettered van, ask for referrals (and get them), do any print advertising of any sort (even a business card?)

9. ELEMENTS

ELEMENTS FatCat Player

This is true but I work at Chryslers also . Building my retirement business .

10. Jeffrey Tobian

Jeffrey Tobian FatCat Member

Name:
    Jeffrey B. Tobian
    Do a few more youtube on tile and grout cleaning , One for each town you want to do service in and on google my business add picture of you cleaning tile and grout make sure the pictures are not 4275 jpeg make it tile and grout cleaning in the town you want to show up in and on the picture make sure it has a map on it and add a description. The first few words on the description should have your key words on it. I think I have on maps 119 pictures, just go to google my business then manage my photos

AndyB and fencerider like this.
  11. MooreCarpetCleaningFool

MooreCarpetCleaningFool FatCat Noob

Ranking an inner site like you described is exactly the same as ranking your home page. Which is essentially what you did with your main site.

So, make sure you have enough content and keywords at about a 3% density. AND make your 1st headline on the top of the page what you want to rank for, then continue using different variations of the keywords that relate to that. Check out my site for content > www.carpetcleanermoore.com

Next find some back links and link back to your inner site using your keywords as the anchor text.

So far example - Above is a naked anchor text because I used my domain to link to my site. But if I used Carpet < like so, is a little more aggressive and will help that page rank for that keyword.

You can use words like "Click Here" or "Here" there endless possibilities for anchor texts.

12. Max61

Max61 FatCat Noob

I agree with MooreCarpetCleanigFoool. I think you need to rework your content. Also I think you need an H1 headline in bold that has Tile and Grout Cleaning Windsor Ontario Canada. Then in your content say it again in different ways using synonyms like porcelain, ceramic, glazed, etc. Google's crawlers are sophisticated to pick up on the synonyms and it doesn't come off as keyword stuffing. Also, in your text use the abbreviations for Ontario and Canada. You can look at my website carpetcleanerstcharles.com as an example of how I did it.

Next build a couple of quality backlinks specific to that page and you should have a winner.