Please welcome Anthony Edelen as our restoration moderator

Discussion in 'Water Damage/Fire Restoration' started by Kipp, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

Those of you who know Anthony know he is a true FatCat entrepreneur. He runs a highly successful restoration company. He leverages his assets to allow him to spend his time with his family and be a world traveler.

Thanks for joining our other successful moderators here on FatCat Anthony! We look forward to having access to your knowledge!

@aspenedelen

212.0 likes this.
  2. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    A FatCat in every sense of the word!

Thank you for availing yourself to us in your areas of expertise Anthony!

aspenedelen likes this.
  3. 212.0

212.0 Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Anthony ROCKS! If you ever have questions on floods or any restoration he is one of the most helpful people you will ever meet! Not to mention if you need travel tips he's probably the one to ask

aspenedelen and Kipp like this.
  4. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

Nice! Welcome to the Syndicate! One of your mentors recently came on over too... @shane deubell

aspenedelen likes this.
  5. UpFront Home Services

UpFront Home Services Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Awesome and welcome!

aspenedelen likes this.
  6. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Anthony is not only an expert at restoration, he's a heck of nice guy too. Congratulations Anthony.

aspenedelen, Kipp and 212.0 like this.
  7. Jeff

Jeff FatCat Player

Welcome Anthony! I did a bunch of "Fishing world traveling" in the American/Canadian West.

aspenedelen likes this.
  8. Presidential Cleanng

Presidential Cleanng FatCat Entrepreneur

Congrats Anthony!

A great fit for fatcat.

aspenedelen and Kipp like this.
  9. Bill Yeadon

Bill Yeadon FatCat Entrepreneur

Congrats Anthony.

aspenedelen likes this.
  10. aspenedelen

aspenedelen FatCat Player

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome here at FatCats. I excel with the work I do b/c I have a passion for it. I never stop learning. Each loss is unique in its own way and each needs to be carefully examined to minimize exposure to pre existing conditions.

I am here for you all. When you have a question ask away. The one rule I have though is if you have a serious question do not feel shy about asking it b/c I do not tolerate people bashing others for not knowing how to do something. To me, every question, no matter how frail or "dumb" it may sound, demands a precise and professional answer.

Areas I specialize in are; Water Restoration ( Cat 1,2,3,4), Mold, Lead and Asbestos (one of a handful of companies in S.Dakota certified)

Johnny Bravo, Craig Harrison and Kipp like this.
  11. Craig Harrison

Craig Harrison FatCat Member

Welcome, Anthony. Nice to see you here. FatCat is really putting something together of high value here with this forum!

aspenedelen, Kipp and 212.0 like this.
  12. Lance Golden

Lance Golden FatCat Player

Welcome Anthony! A class act all the way! Good to see ya here.

aspenedelen likes this.
  13. FastEddie

FastEddie FatCat Entrepreneur

Glad to have ya dude.

aspenedelen likes this.
  14. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I don't know who you are but I will have a ton of questions for you in this field (beyond sucking up water and pulling pad).
    I'm a bit of a traveler too ((and scuba diver/surfer) so welcome!!!

15. aspenedelen

Feel free and ask away. Btw, I can't even remember the last time I pulled pad as I am a in-place drying expert (or at least I try to think I am)

I've never gotten into the whole scuba thing yet but put me in a car with a agenda of 10k miles in 12 days and I'm your man. My son, who just turned three, had been to all fifty states before his third birthday.

16. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

What is in place drying? Dont you have to pull the pad anytime it gets w
    all wet and musty smelling? Like from a water damage not a spilled bucket of water. (sorry im asking you this in this particular "welcoming" thread.
    Told you id bombard you with questions! Lol

17. aspenedelen

I thought you all would like to know my background

I grew up in a small farm town in rural SE South Dakota, population <8000. After high school graduation I received a track and cross country scholarship to run long distance at Northwest Missouri State a University as I was one of the best long distance runners that South Dakota produced in 1996. While running at NWMSU and studying International Business with a emphasis in International Relations I decided to start up a company called Miracle Detail (auto detailing) to fund my insane crazy road trips and fund my college dating soirees.

My last year in college I traveled to Belgium where I studied International Relations/Economics Monday thru Wednesday for a semester all the while flying and taking the train around as much of Europe as humanly possible. In the end, I traveled to 23 different countries: Portugal to Monaco to Liechtenstein to Lithuania to Czech Republic to all the Scandinavian countries and everything in between. I was denied entry at the border of Serbia due to my mother who at the time was a high ranking State Legislator here in my home state. She called in a favor to the State Dept and low and behold I was told that I could not enter the country.

After college I moved to Aspen, CO for a girl I had met on my Senior ski break. In the five years I was in Aspen I started up a very high end auto/private aircraft mobile detailing center, The Carpet Cleaning CO of Aspen and a ATM vending company, Aspen Capital Access. I was also the Assistant Manager of a The GAP, Sharper Image and Kenneth Cole. I also worked the VIP areas of four very prominent nightclubs, one being Club Chelsea.

My last year in Aspen my mother called me asking if I would consider moving back home to South Dakota to help care for my father who was just about to have both sides of his hips resurfaced (I was the only one of the three kids that could drop everything and come home).

I moved back home and after a year if being the Assistant Manager of Foot Locker I started up The Carpet Cleaning CO of Vermillion as I was tired if making someone else money. After that first year the previous owner of the company I currently own came to me asking if I'd like to buy him out as he thought "You are the only person that can manage this company and not run it into the ground".

This year will mark the 8th year since I bought "the oldest carpet cleaning company in South Dakota" founded in 1966.

I do not have all the answers yet but with the likes of all of you one day I bet I can come close.

Anthony C. Edelen

Kipp likes this.
  18. aspenedelen

Absolutely no worries. In a nut shell in-place drying is drying all or most wet materials at the site, no tear out.

19. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    If I can visit or accomplish half of that insane traveling history, I'd die happy!

Looking forward to hearing more!

20. aspenedelen

Oh, I almost forgot, my son who just turned three years old has officially traveled to all Fifty States BEFORE his third birthday. My three year old son now has more airline miles than I did at 20. My 12 week old daughter is next on the list.

We travel to San Diego via Denver, Aspen, Sante Fe, South Rim, Phoenix and Vegas then come in a few weeks then in mid January I am taking both kids in the car to Tampa, FL, for SFS.

The only thing I love better than traveling is drying out wrt structures.