No Ketchup For You!

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by fencerider, Aug 24, 2014.

1. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

I heard about this story while listening to the radio the other day...

So there is this restaurant in Ft Myers, FL called Mad Fresh Bistro and they have taken a stand...NO KETCHUP!

Their site says:

”We know, we know. People love their ketsup but honestly, be ready. If you’re over 10 years old, ketsup will NOT be provided … We simply ask that you trust us. We know what we’re doing!”

Truth is, there are MANY restaurants out there that feel the same way, the difference is they haven't taken the same stance and gone public with it.

There is a great marketing lesson in this....Always catering to the customer can actually hurt your marketing and reach. Take a stand on something and let it be known!

Will if offend some? Sure it will! Good I say!

There is an old marketing adage that goes like this "if you try to market to everybody, you end up marketing to nobody".

This restaurant knows who they are marketing to...the are OK with the handful that will be offended because a ton more people will respect them for it.

Let's not forget the amazing amount of publicity and talk this will get you as well. I'm sitting in Dallas writing a post about a restaurant in Ft Myers. Amazing. You can bet that if I was visiting Ft Myers I'd try this place out.

So my question...Have you taken a stand on something? If so, have you made it public?

EXPLAIN!

P.S. oh yeah, they got a TON of SEO out of this as well, freaking Yahoo wrote about them and linked to them

links
    http://madfreshbistro.com/#!/splash-page
    https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-right-to-refuse-ketchup-95304591906.html

TheEyeball likes this.
  2. Joseph Rogers

Joseph Rogers Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I read the title in the Soup Nazi voice...

3. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I can kind of relate to the part where they say, Trust us. We know what we're doing.
    In the 14 years of being in this industry, I've been on jobs where the customer tries to tell me how to do my job. Im sure there are many others on here that have experienced this as well.
    The most recent example was a call to treat a cat pee smell coming from the basement. Turned out it was a musty smell from water damage. The guy was frantic. ( he was kind of acting like a sissy and his wife was in the background covering her mouth trying not to laugh at him ). Anyway, I told him I needed to pull back the carpet to inspect the padding and subfloor and he kept insisting I didn't need to do that.
    After educating him for about 30 seconds he agreed, and told me I was the professional.

As far as taking a stand on something, I can relate in terms of having a particular individual follow me around on this forum and laugh at every post I make. I have been a professional air duct cleaner for the past 7 years, and trust me, i know what Im doing.
    I posted a few videos about a new air duct sanitizing method in a recent post and yet again, this uneducated individual laughs. The sad thing is, he works at a slaughter house as his full time job and tries to clean carpets on the side with a portable, and comes on here acting like the authority on all things cleaning ( we all know the real authority is Mr. Earl Grubbs ).

So I guess you could say by me continuing to share my knowledge of air duct cleaning and introducing new and innovative methods of cleaning, I am taking a stand against ignorant trash talking noobs.

Pretty cool post @fencerider

4. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

Haha, I am talking about taking at stand in your marketing though.

5. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I don't know how that could apply to us in this industry...I will think about this.

6. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

7. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    That's where I first heard the story. These people probably struck gold.

8. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

You shallow bastards have nothing to add to this thread or what?!