New for 2014..

Discussion in 'Water Damage/Fire Restoration' started by 0331grunt, Jan 5, 2014.

1. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

What are going to be the hot items for the restoration contractors this year? What is new in the field that will make our job more profitable and/or easier?

2. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    Future for water damage doesn't look to hot. :p

3. aspenedelen

aspenedelen FatCat Player

I can see new advances in dehumidification coming out soon as there ha not been serious advances in a number of years. I can also also see new efficiencies coming with Air movers. We have already, within the last eight months, seen huge leaps with the reduction in air air mover size but I think there is room for improvement.

4. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

I see heat drying in my future, tho, Johnny!! :)

Johnny Bravo likes this.
  5. Steve Toburen

Steve Toburen FatCat Entrepreneur

My speciality isn't equipment or technical stuff but I'm really liking the new, lightweight LGR Dehumidifiers. The new Dri-Eaz Revolution only weighs 65#, isn't much bigger than the proverbial "bread box" and still pulls 81 pints a day!

Steve

PS That said, success in water damage has never been based only on the "latest and greatest" equipment. That's why our SFS website section on Restoration Success focuses you on the Emotional Dynamics of the loss. Get this stuff down and adjusters will be fighting to get you on their losses!