My RX 20 in pieces.

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning' started by Johnny Bravo, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    While doing a job at a restaurant/bar the other night. My RX 20 got destroyed. It was on some really trashed CGD carpet. Doing a good job of cleaning it all up. Here's some pictures and a video of it. The video is just 2 minutes before the tragedy happened. :(

IMG_1084_zpsc77641d4.jpg

It had barstools and tables that were bolted into the floor. I was trying to clean in-between the barstools when it all went bad. The RX 20 floating head started bouncing off the barstools and then this.

IMG_1092_zps0c185cb3.jpg

IMG_1088_zpsd0431802.jpgIMG_1087_zps41132f33.jpg

So this star wheel floater head is made out of cheap material. I was hoping I could get it welded as I've heard the head costs $950.00. So does anyone know if you can just buy one of these parts that I'm pointing at?IMG_1089_zps2c899d82.jpg

I should of just bought a floater head from Mytee for my T Rex. Those things are built like a tank.

Bob Foster likes this.
  2. mahlonzehr

mahlonzehr FatCat Player

Name:
    Mahlon Zehr
    You can buy the parts from Jondon or interlink. I've broken them myself and replaced them myself. You just have to knock the rivets out and put in some small bolts.

My supplier actually sold the bolts and washers in a small kit.

I don't know if that older style has a different style head or not but you might want to make sure.

Looks pretty close to the same though.

3. mahlonzehr

mahlonzehr FatCat Player

Name:
    Mahlon Zehr
    Looking at your pics it looks like someone has already replaced one of them. See the one towards the bottom of the pic with the aftermarket bolts replacing the rivets? This has happened before.. :)

4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    John Sheridan
    You're right. I just noticed that too last night.