Mailing Cards - Scripts....

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by Daniel Provorse, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Daniel Provorse

Daniel Provorse FatCat Player

Name:
    Daniel
    I recently started sending out hand written thank you letters to my clients from 1 year ago, 6 months ago, and 3 months ago.

I know a lot of you use service monster but I'm a bit low on $ and decided to actually do this on my own. Thing is, I'm not great at writing sales scripts.

What would you put in a card for 1 year (last service), 6 months, and 3 months???

My 1 year looks like this and fills up nearly the whole card I am mailing.
    "Greetings _________,
    About a year ago I did some cleaning for you. It was your choice to use Spotless Flooring and I want to thank you for that. –Thank you-
    We give a 10% discount to all repeat clients. It’s time for your annual cleaning so I thought you may want to take advantage of this.
    Again, thank you and I hope to hear from you soon."

If you have any suggestions for a good 6 month line or 3 month line, I would love to hear it. Just looking for ideas to beef up my wording.

My 6 month card scrip is weak and needs work.
    "Greetings ______ ,
    About 6 months ago you I cleaned ______ for you. It was your choice to use my services and I want to thank you for that. – Thank you –
    Please keep us in mind for your future needs as we will keep you in mind. Again, thank you and I hope to hear from you."

2. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I think sending a "thank you" card after the first week, could appear a little insulting to folks. (Because it took you that long to say thank you)

Perhaps a post card or a letter, saying "
    It's been XX months since your last service. We just wanted to let you know, we are here for you whenever you need us. We appreciate your business and sincerely thank you for your loyalty.
    As a way to show our appreciation, we would like to offer you 10% off your next service if you book by (this date).

We also have a special going on for returning customers (name a special).

Thanks again for your continued support,
    Daniel Provorse
    Spotless Flooring

3. Daniel Provorse

Name:
    Daniel
    Your right about sending a Thank You card quickly but I have never sent any cards in the 2 years I have been running so I'm just doing some catching up.

What your saying would be great for my future cards though I like to keep it more personalized instead of so mainstream. I mean using their names, mentioned what I had previously cleaned for them, and other similar things. - Before I write each letter I look at the street view of their house from google maps to help me remember all I can from the cleaning.

4. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Daniel,
    I love that you are using the personal touch to your thank you cards and letters. First of all I would never ever feel a little insulted just because it took a week or two to get a hand written personalized letter in the mail. Who even does that anymore? I think its a fantastic idea no matter how long it takes you to get it to them.
    One idea you could do is to take interest in their pet while you are there cleaning. Maybe that is the reason you are there to begin with. Maybe write down the pets name on your invoice or something, then in your thank you letter you can look on your invoices to recall the pets name and ask how they are doing with the vomiting or having accidents? I think this will make them feel like you cared enough to remember them, their pet's name, and have a genuine interest in how their carpet is holding up. You could also remind them of their guarantee you may have offered them.
    Im pretty sure these are all things none of your competitors are doing and you will shine like a star!!!
    I think you are going to have tons and tons of repeat customers just from your personal letters!

5. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Good idea. I think you are right, about competition NOT doing this.

I don't know if everyone else does this, but resi or commercial, I have a sheet I use with each walk through. I use the one @Steve Toburen has for commercial, and one I made for resi.
    There are places there for notes, and pets is one thing I write down each time. I also use the notes space to keep track of things like heavy filtration lines, messy kids that spill drinks (red stains), factory workers that leave heavy traffic lanes from the crud on their work shoes, or any other notes for the future. (I'll also add, this can give you an idea of what to offer as an upsell, like protector, when you return to service them.)

You may now, want to dedicate one day a week, like Sunday, to writing your thank you notes. That's the day I use to do mine, so off they go in the mail every Monday. I just buy the cheap thank you notes in a box at wal-fart, and do a short thank you in each one with a little bit of personal stuff (like I hope Fluffy gets well soon). That would be a good time to to include a referral rewards card, or some type of gift/discount for future use.

6. Daniel Provorse

Name:
    Daniel
    I have an open notepad that i put on my clipboard and wrire everything on. Usually i put names and address at the top and any notes i want i just pencil in as i go. Usually do well at keeping all info seperated and get about 3 homes to a sheet.

freemind likes this.