Just Finished a Great Biz Book

Discussion in 'FatCat Book of The Month Club & Biz Books' started by TheEyeball, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Just thought I'd mention this in case any of you are looking for a good business book to read. It's called Decoding the New Consumer Mind by Kit Yarrow.

The title makes it sound a little boring, and it is kind of dry material, but I found it thoroughly entertaining and learned a lot about why consumers buy. I don't think you'll be sorry if you read it.

I've read a crap ton of business, sales, and marketing books in the past couple of years, many of which talk about consumer psychology (at least a little), but I really enjoyed how Decoding presents the material in a more organized way and from the viewpoint of an actual psychologist.

The section on marketing strategies is woefully out of touch, but I found the rest of the book fascinating.

2. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

audio version or read it straight up?

3. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Eye reading is so passe...I listened to the audio book. I absorb so much more that way. When I hear something I need to remember, I whip out my phone and make some quick notes. Works great. And I make much better use of my time when I'm cleaning.

fencerider likes this.
  4. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Oh, by the way...I've finished another book and a half since i started this thread. Epic Content Marketing, and I'm halfway through Everybody Writes. I RULE.

fencerider likes this.