I called my lawyer

Discussion in 'Legal Entities & Filing' started by Robert Atlas, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Robert Atlas

Robert Atlas Entrepreneur

Name:
    Robert Atlas
    2 days ago my office manager was on her lunch break. The phone rang I gave a client our over the phone free estimate. She wanted us to do a same day service job. We booked the job for that day. At he end of evey call we have some closing verbiage that says we are considering there appointment booked and confirmed to come do the work. We let each client know that we have a 48 hour cancelation or change policy and if they break that we have a 90.00 service call that would be implemented.This includes if we show up and they change there mind for any reason. The clients husband refused our service. So we told him about our policy and he refused to pay so we sent him the 90.00 receipt. That night I got a scathing email flexing his muscle that he is a lawyer and he's gonna sue me. I called my lawer that I have on retainer and he is gonna go after this lawyer for the email he sent me because, In my lawyers opinion this guy is off his rocker. My lawer is gonna do it pro bono because he felt that he client/lawyer is off base and seems crazy. It's on...

freemind likes this.
  2. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    This will be interesting!

I've only enforced my cancelation fee once. It's crazy how people expect it from a doctor but they don't even consider us worth a fee..

3. Robert Atlas

Robert Atlas Entrepreneur

Name:
    Robert Atlas
    Yes we do have to do it allot but with 4 full time trucks it happens and that's why I have the policy! Its still a Loss/loss but its a principle thing to me. To respect peoples time!

4. Imperial

Imperial FatCat Member

Would you be able to take a $90 deposit at the time of booking to reserve the time slot? Refundable if they give you 48 hours notice, otherwise not refundable. You must get a lot of incoming calls. Perhaps have one person try it for all calls they take for a few hours and see if people in your area are averse to it.