How to get your average ticket UP!

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by Kipp, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

We work very hard to create leads, then to actually get an appointment, it seems though after a lot of hard work we may sometimes leave dollars on the table.​

Focusing on up selling each job and offering 100% of your services 100% of the time can truly maximize every ticket.​
    1. Pet Urine & Odor treatments - Do a UV inspection on EVERY customers home, most people don't realize their pets or pets from former owners peed on their carpet. I would guess that 60-80% of the homes you go into have some sort of pet issue. This can easily double your ticket price. When you knock on a customers door and you hear dogs barking that should bring a smile to your face

2. Tile & grout cleaning - If you don't offer tile and grout cleaning you are missing out on a huge income potential. You should at least try to get every customer to let you clean their kitchen which is typically pretty dirty. With the right chemicals and equipment you can knock a kitchen out in under 30 minutes. To get started you don't have to have a high PSI machine. Buy a grout brush and put a glide on your wand and your ready to go. Upgrade to a 175 (don't even really need this) when you can and a turbo or tile wand (you can run them at 700-1200 PSI)

3. Stain Sealing - This was the big one for me, I can't tell you how many $100 jobs I turned into $800+ dollar jobs. This was my big ticket upsell I went after in every home that had tile and grout. Landing a handful of these jobs each month increase my monthly income by 40-60% alone.

There's lots of upsells we can offer in this industry. Find the ones that you feel are best for you area and really focus on learning them inside an out so you can be an absolute pro when you pitch it the the customer.

Have NO FEAR..I think some guys are afraid to ask for the business. Be a professional, be a consultant for your customer, build value (feature/benefit) in your services then ask for the money.​

2. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    $1k how do you broach the topic? Just spit it out and say "Hey, I could make that kitchen floor look brand new for $xxx.xx"? Or do you have some Jedi mind tricks we could learn? I've always wondered how and when you go for it.

3. Kipp

Very persuasive with the customer I was

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMvzFcmi9ZGLORcqih61QwHreU8bv92uR5VrDRHbiFTBwYhCm2hA.jpg

Torrey W likes this.
  4. Kipp

Really depended on the customer...I try to mirror my customers personality when making a friend and building trust. If I had a super outgoing customer I probaby would just lead right into it...I might even say something like "Man your tile and grout is disgusting"...certain people can handle that...however most can't.

My most common intro was I would just stare at their floor when I knew they were looking...sometimes that in itself would spur the question "do you clean tile?"...then it's their idea not mine. Or I would say "Don't you hate battling dirty grout in the kitchen?" this would always lead into a discussion because every customer hates the way their grout looks, especially in the kitchen.

This was a great time for me to lead into color sealing as well because I could tie "getting it clean" with the ultimate service of "keeping it clean"

TheEyeball likes this.
  5. Good ol' George

Good ol' George FatCat Noob

1K your a dam genius...

6. kemp3047

kemp3047 FatCat Noob

So true man. I never really thought of it this way. It takes a lot of time money and effort just to get into a customer's door. It's foolish not to use that opportunity to sell services. Add ons are pretty much free money at that point.

7. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    A presentation without a demonstration is just a conversation.

Pay a pro to get custom literature made and try to find unique ways to present and demonstrate your services.

You can do a "magic square". Ask for permission to clean a small spot for free in the kitchen or spare room to see if it can benefit from cleaning.. Etc

8. Kipp

You would be amazed how much you can raise your ticket by just taking the time to offer your services...most customers don't realize or don't even think about what all you can provide for them.

9. Sir Cleanolot

Sir Cleanolot FatCat Member

In homes sales is a big focus for me this year.

10. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Good stuff man. This board is very fortunate to have your insight.

11. Cleaner King

Cleaner King FatCat Member

I've done tile cleaning demo's and had pretty good success with that...

12. True Clean

True Clean FatCat Member

We just auit giving away so many freebes. 15 for that small carpeted bath they want to hit. etc

13. Pile Crusher

Pile Crusher FatCat Noob

Raising the ticket is the name of the game in my book. It's not about making people feel pressured, it's just about telling them about everything you offer...most people don't even know what all services you can perform for them

14. Kipp

Another good one...