How many of you have visual sales tools when you go into a home?

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by 212.0, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 212.0

212.0 Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Right now I'm working on some materials for us to bring into the homes and assist with the sales and add ons. Trying to make it to where every single appointment get the same walk through and sales opportunity. I am trying to get something together so when the tech is doing the walk through he has no choice but to bring up carpet protector and the benefits of it. We haven't ever been big sales guys for the protector but thats mostly because of the lack of trying, every time we put our heads down and push ourselves to mention the protector we close a lot more. I think with this little brochure or whatever I put together it should up the number of protector sales.

How many people have these kind of sales materials? its part of my 2014 goals to get this together

2. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Also wanting to get the guys running Ipads with slide shows of different services that the client may be interested in, Kip and I were talking about this the other day and just curious how many cleaners put this kind of stuff together?

3. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

You only need a laminated menu. All that fancy smancy stuff is a waste of money.

Make it easy for your customers to just grunt and point.

;)

212.0 likes this.
  4. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Its funny you say a menu, thats exactly what I've been calling it.

5. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    But I do want the guys on Ipads for video of tile and grout cleaning, color seal, and other items.

6. Bill Yeadon

Bill Yeadon FatCat Entrepreneur

One of my favorite tools is a piece of plastic hose (like a dehu drain hose) scratch one end of the tube with sandpaper. Bring in a small carpet square and a pocket microscope. Have the customer play with the microscope while you are measuring. Ask her what did the carpet look like and she may say something like plastic spaghetti.

Then pull out the tube and explain if it was soiled and cleaned one end would look perfect and the other horrible. Expain that all synthetic fibers are plastic and will act like plastic. This is how you explain those traffic areas that do not respond due to abrasion.

Simple demonstration and easy to understand. You can also use cheap sunglasses or the rear window of a convertible as examples of abrasion.

You can get your own tube at HD or you can buy the Scotchgard Success Kit and get all kinds of tools to help you explain. Of course the rumor is that attendees at SFS get it for free.

Johnny Bravo likes this.
  7. Royal Man

Royal Man Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

That is why I have my cleaning menu. It's nothing more than a laminated card with pictures and a short description of our optional services. It takes no more than a few grunts and some finger pointing to double your ticket. I also, use Teflon blotter cards. If needed I also have a model of a Dust Mite. ( Not actual size.) It really makes an impact when I tell them they may be sleeping with a Million or those lovely critters.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

8. Royal Man

My Cleaning menu.

Menu of services-1.jpg

Presidential Cleanng likes this.
  9. Presidential Cleanng

Presidential Cleanng FatCat Entrepreneur

We do commercial and use iPad mini's. I can do a slideshow of before/after pics. It's pre planned before I go in. I'm not gonna have pics of carpet when they have all hard surface flooring. I'll have pics of all the services I'm targeting for that location. I can also access my website quickly if they would like to preview it.

We have gotten good feedback using this method. I try to keep it simple for them. Although, I do eave a piece of paper with all the important info.

Technology isn't going away. If you can find any added benefit by using it, then by all means do it.

212.0 likes this.
  10. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore

Just when I thought you were a complete dick, you totally redeem yourself! I like it, thats kinda what I'm shooting for

11. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Thats what I want to do, show quick little service specific slide shows and a nice little leave behind piece with good info

12. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Here is my issue with a "menu". YOU are supposed to tell your customer what they NEED. If they have pet issues, you should know that AND be selling them remediation. A menu IMO, is silly.

A folder that presents your services, with before and after photos with explanations seems smarter. (think 3 ring binder).

A presentation on a tablet is smart too, if produced right.

I was making a funny, with the menu dig. You are a professional, not a guy with newspaper and water bottle washing windows at the stop light. Poor presentations will yield poor results.

13. Royal Man

The menu just to start the conversation and since it is in Your hand it puts you in control to remedy the situation as a professional. It doesn't just allow the client to stumble along to the fact that you can correct pet issues in the flyers. The fact is. Very few clients will get past the cover of a flyer before setting it down and forgetting it. I know I seldom read a whole flyer. Do you?

14. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    No way dude I love the menu style idea, lots to build off but I do like the way royal has his

Royal Man likes this.
  15. 212.0

Name:
    Ty Cranmore
    Biggest reason is I want a consistent pitch for everyone.

16. Ben

Ben FatCat Noob

Name:
    Ben Surdi
    This is older but something we dabbled with at one point.

CleaningAdOns.jpg

Torrey W, Harry Mullett and 212.0 like this.
  17. Kipp

Kipp Syndicated Entrepreneur

I am a visual selling tool

18. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Yeah I have a visual sales tool. My biceps.

19. ratherbewalking

ratherbewalking Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

So you just go for the small upsells then I take it?

20. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas FatCat Player

I used to have a really nice before and after book that my wife made on Blurb but I lost it.

I have been using my phone to show before and after photos and videos.

Really want a large tablet to show before and after photos. Since most of our work is showers I can usually find a shower that we have restored that is very similar to what they have.

I have multiple grout boards with ColorSeal on them which makes selling Colorseal super easy. Selling ColorSeal is super easy though so that's not saying much.