Could asking for feedback on a post work email survey backfire?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Torrey W, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    I'm building a post work email that will have a survey for the customer to fill out.
    Right now it asks the normal stuff, but as I'm thinking through what all to ask, I thought of this:
    "What things would you suggest to improve the experience of our visit?"

Could asking such a question actually make then dwell on a negative moment or conjure one up they otherwise might not have given a second thought?

What questions for a survey would you include?

2. JB

JB FatCat Member

I agree with you Torrey don't invite a negative unless you honestly want to hear it.

Just some quick thoughts, the wording could be played with and you could also add check boxes with suggested answers, I would make it clear they could choose more than one answer if you included suggested answers. You probably have most of these anyway.

What made you choose our company for your cleaning needs?

Did our service meet or exceed your expectations?

Would you use us again?

Would you refer us to your friends and family? If yes Maybe you could suggest they like & tag friends to your FB page

Was there anything that made us stand out from previous companies you've used?

Where did you hear about us ?

Please tick any of the services below you would consider in the future.

Carpet cleaning, T&G, upholstery, rug cleaning etc etc

Did you know we also do commercial carpet cleaning for workplaces, would you refer us to your work place. If yes, who should we contact? Would you like us to mention you referred us?

Crikey the list is almost endless

Torrey W likes this.
  3. Carpet-Rx of Louisville

Carpet-Rx of Louisville Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I would stick to about three questions they could answer yes or no to then leave a space for them to leave feedback if theyde like. Don't make em work too hard, as they are doing you a favor.

4. Steve Mastio

Steve Mastio FatCat Member

Name:
    Steve Mastio
    I agree with Rx... I like multiple choice questions with 4-5 possible answers and about 5 questions. That's about as long as I (and I believe the average reader) will do. Monkey Survey is one that I have used in the past.

5. Steve Mastio

Steve Mastio FatCat Member

Name:
    Steve Mastio
    Sorry - it's Survey Monkey, same link. Maybe a text box for more info if they are so inclined.