Contact form email reply templates...

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by mahlonzehr, Sep 3, 2013.

1. mahlonzehr

mahlonzehr FatCat Player

Name:
    Mahlon Zehr
    So I've been thinking about overhauling my template for responding to email inquires generated by my website contact form. It's pretty basic and to-the-point but seems to perform reasonably well although I'd like to improve it if I can.

Not sure where to start, so I figured I'd just share it here and let you guys pick it apart. Any one is also welcome to use this as a template for their own purposes.

If anyone else wants to post their own template in this thread (for critique or bragging rights) you are welcome to do so.

Here's my template:

Hi Jane,

I received your request for a carpet cleaning quote. Thank you for the opportunity to give a quote for cleaning your carpet!

Our basic carpet cleaning service is based on cleanable square feet, (open area) with prices for pet contamination / odors, specialty stains, carpet protector or repairs quoted separately.

According to your email, you have X areas of carpet to be cleaned totaling about XXX square feet. Based on that square footage you would be looking at a price in the range of $XXX-$XXX for a basic cleaning. If there are pet odors or specialty dye stains such as Kool-Aid or Gatorade, we would adjust the price accordingly. Also, if there is a flight of stairs we would add $X per stair.

Please note that we only charge for cleanable square feet, so if there is furniture such as beds, china cabinets, and entertainment centers that are not being moved, we would subtract that square footage from the total.

We do offer carpet protector restoration as well, which is recommended with your professional cleaning. Most carpet has protector applied to it when it is new, and the protector wears off over time. We can reapply it for you when you schedule your carpet cleaning if you choose. Carpet protector helps reduce the possibility of permanent staining, aids in cleaning up spills and accidents, and extends the life of your carpet by protecting against premature wear in high traffic areas.

From what you have described in your email, your cost would be in the range between $XXX-$XXX to reapply the carpet protector on the areas we would be cleaning. Again, this is an optional service that we highly recommend.

Here is our Seven Step Cleaning Process that we use to ensure a thorough cleaning for your carpet every time.

1. Pre-inspection/Walkthrough

2. Thorough Vacuuming With Commercial Grade Vacuum.

3. Hand Tool Vacuuming around the door jamb, corners and edges of the carpet.

4. Pre-Condition and Pre-Spot with non-toxic cleaning solution.

5. Hot Water Extraction – powerful vacuum allows us to achieve 2-10 hour dry times (depending on the weather and relative humidity)

6. Carpet Protector Restoration – highly recommended for maximum cleaning results

7. Post Grooming – removes the cleaning tracks and fluffs the carpet pile

Thank you again for the opportunity to provide you with a cleaning quote for your carpets. We do offer free on-site quotes, so if you would like us to set up an appointment to come out, inspect the carpet, measure it, and give you an exact, written quote, just give us a call and we'll set a time that works for you.

Feel free to call or email with any additional questions or to schedule a cleaning appointment. Thank you for your time,

Mahlon Zehr, Owner

Beautiful Carpets and Floors, Inc.
    509-526-7859

Kipp likes this.
  2. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Man I love your email and I think it can be even more killer than it already is. I'm laying in bed right now typing this on a phone. You mind if a take a crack at your email tomorrow and publicly post what I'd do with it? You can use or discard any of it without hurting my feelings.

3. mahlonzehr

mahlonzehr FatCat Player

Name:
    Mahlon Zehr
    Ya man I'd love to see what you do with it. Open season...

4. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Hi Jane,

I received your request for a carpet cleaning quote and I can't tell you how excited I am at the chance to make your home look amazing (it will look so good, it might just get bragged about!). Our standard "knock-your-socks-off" service is based on cleanable square feet (open areas) with prices for pet contamination/odors, specialty stains, carpet protector, and repairs quoted separately. If there are pet odors or specialty dye stains such as Kool-Aid or Gatorade, we would adjust the price accordingly, and of course we would clear this with you first. And just so you know, since we only charge for cleanable square feet, when there are beds, china cabinets, and entertainment centers that are not being moved, we subtract those areas from the total.

I know I mentioned carpet protector above, but it's important so I'll say it again. We can restore the protector your carpet came with when it was new (it wears off with age, sunlight, and cleaning). This is really important and I always recommend it. Carpet protector helps reduce the possibility of permanent staining, aids in cleaning up spills and accidents, and drastically extends the life of your carpet. Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. I want to briefly describe what you'll get with our standard "knock-your-socks-off" cleaning. I think you'll agree our seven steps aren't so "standard" at all!

1. We'll ask you to lead a preinspection/walk through so we know exactly what you want done, and so that you can show us areas you're concerned about. This let's us take some notes and put your mind at ease.

2. Before cleaning we'll thoroughly vacuum everything--even if you already did! Our dual-motor commercial vacuums and professional techniques remove far more dirt than homeowners can get on their own.

3. Next we hand detail every nook and cranny with special tools. This includes door jambs, around legs of stati0nary furniture, and in all corners and edges.

4. After hand detailing we precondition and pre-spot all areas to be cleaned with non-toxic cleaning solution.

5. This step is the heart and soul of our service: Hot Water Extraction. We flush every trace of dirt, soap, and debris from your carpet with hot, soft water. Powerful suction pulls all of the yucky stuff out to our truck and allows us to achieve 2-10 hour dry times (depending on the weather and relative humidity)

6. Optional carpet protector restoration comes next. We really recommended this if you want your carpet to stay looking good for a long, long time.

7. Finally we groom the carpet which removes the cleaning tracks, fluffs the pile, and further promotes drying.

So, according to your email, you have X areas of carpet to be cleaned totaling about XXX square feet. Based on that square footage your price will be $XXX, unless there are pet issues, specialty stains, or repairs (we always clear this with you first, and if you don't want to do it that's just fine). If you opt for the protector restoration, which is so important, that price would be $XXX.

Thank you again for contacting us! Keep in mind the prices I gave you are based on the info you provided and we double check the measurements before doing any work so it's possible the price could flex up or down just a little. If you want an exact, set-in-stone price, we offer free on-site quotes. If you would like us to set up an appointment to do that, just give us a call and we'll set a time that works for you. And of course if you think the prices I already gave you are in the ballpark, we can just set an appointment for cleaning instead.

Feel free to call or email with any additional questions or to schedule a cleaning appointment. Thank you for your time!

Mahlon Zehr, Owner

Beautiful Carpets and Floors, Inc.
    509-526-7859

PS--Jane, I wanted to remind you about our other services. Many people don't realize we offer this stuff so I provided some clickable links below that take you directly to the appropriate pages on our website. A lot of times if you opt for these other services we can "bundle" them and get you a killer deal! Ok, the links are right below.

Upholstery Cleaning
    Tile and Grout Cleaning
    Rug Cleaning
    Power Washing
    Odor Removal

mahlonzehr likes this.
  5. ratherbewalking

ratherbewalking Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

Ross, I'm not criticizing at all... whatsoever.. I was curious why you brought up the price for addons in the beginning in your revision? Were you just following his outline?

6. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    yeah, kinda following his outline, and figured it had to be brought up at some point

7. mahlonzehr

mahlonzehr FatCat Player

Name:
    Mahlon Zehr
    I like it! That's some real live ninja direct response material!

I'll definitely incorporate your revisions into my final product.

8. TheEyeball

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Yeah feel free to omit or use anything. It always helps to brainstorm and have a second set of eyes on something. Good luck!