Chipped Tile can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Tile, Stone, & Grout Care' started by CustomCare, Sep 10, 2013.

1. CustomCare

CustomCare FatCat Noob

I've got a client that is trying to sell her home. She has got some issues from items being dropped on the tile and it has chipped off the top layer of the tile. I've not done much repair work, so I was looking for some advice from a more seasoned individual.

My thought was maybe an epoxy based grout paint? I think this will be a thicker product that may fill in the chips. The tile itself is slightly textured to begin with.

This does not have to be a long term fix, just long enough to sell the house. Something that will mask the damage while looking at the floor from a standing position. I'm sure almost any repair could be spotted up close. Any ideas?

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

2. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

If they have any left over tile, replacing those would be the best bet. Shouldn't be too hard. I don't know much about covering up the chips... Just my thoughts.

3. CustomCare

CustomCare FatCat Noob

That was my first thought too. She only has 3 extra tiles. We could replace the worst ones, but there's is definitely more than 3 damaged tiles.

4. 0331grunt

0331grunt FatCat Player

Maybe someone will have an idea. I would probably screw something up if I tried any thing else..

5. Martin Sanchez

Martin Sanchez Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

If she is selling the home and want it to look better, call stonepro or visit stoneproonline.com
    Talk to Rob and ask him about the resin that he uses to fill travertine. but the brown color and match the tile.
    you will be fine and it will look good (if you do it right )

0331grunt likes this.
  6. James Cooper

James Cooper FatCat Noob

either resin or a color seal will tone it down so it wont grab your eye - worst case scenario it doesnt help and you wipe it out with a wrag.

7. CustomCare

CustomCare FatCat Noob

Thanks guys.