Check out this guy's Instant Quote Tool

Discussion in 'ROI - Tracking & Conversion' started by fencerider, May 23, 2015.

1. fencerider

fencerider Entrepreneur

2. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    I mean don't get me wrong...it's cool but I personally would never consider using a system like this. If I didn't have a full time office staff then I would possibly consider something like this as it might make it easier to schedule customers.

I like being able to speak to the customer by chat, email or phone before booking a job. Not always...but I think you would have issues occasionally with certain customers because they will think what they clicked and booked is what they should pay.

fencerider likes this.
  3. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    But let me also say that if there is a disclaimer when they click the book button...something like "The price you receive online is a quote and can change once technician is on site due to the many variables...blah blah blah". Then I think it would eliminate those A hole customers we all get from time to time.

4. Bill Wilson

Bill Wilson FatCat Member

Name:
    Bill Wilson
    It may fill a niche, but not everyone will be successful at it. Most want to talk to some one first and then see what you look like.

5. VividCleaning

VividCleaning FatCat Member

Name:
    Rolands
    Looks unnecessarily complex for carpets, for sofa cleaning its ok for rug cleaning all you need is a price per square foot and a calculator. Rugs doesn't come in just 3 sizes that's fast food drinks and still they have more than 3 sizes.

Diederik likes this.
  6. Robert Atlas

Robert Atlas Entrepreneur

Name:
    Robert Atlas
    He guys here are my thoughts. Some people like to talk to a live person and some people don't. Thats why we have 2 office girls answering the phones. My office girls book about 2 jobs a week using the live chat tool while booking jobs on the phone . There are multiple ways to catch fish you just have to be prepared with different baits! We also book 5-10 jobs a month on a system just like the one @fencerider listed above. We take 20% of the cost of the job up front in order to be put in our live schedule. The booking system sinks with service monster. Its super important to take a percentage up from and for it to sink with your schedule. So very often I get an email saying I just collected money! I like this! It also helps with deaf/mute clients that can type but can't speak well. Also we find allot of clients book when they are at work, they can't make a phone call from work but they can go on the computer and set something up or live chat with someone.

7. Torrey W

Torrey W Syndicated Entrepreneur

Name:
    Torrey Whitaker
    Looks cool. Seems like it would better suited for rug cleaners. Carpet cleaning has so many variables like furniture etc.

Plus I bet people will fill it out inaccurately then it's a fight once your there to get it charged right.

8. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I can't get over bidding in person. Be it flooring or windows. I won't quote a price without seeing it in person. Far too many times the condition of whatever you are cleaning varies too much from their description.

You know how many people tell me they had their windows cleaned last year, but the reality is it has been 5+ years since anyone touched the glass? A LOT.

Carpets are about the same story.

Torrey W likes this.
  9. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    I keep hearing people talking about this window cleaning jazz. I can't image the average middle class person paying someone to clean their windows. I may be wrong but I would assume the clients would be mostly higher end homes and people that just have more disposable income or someone that is selling a home. After seeing several people talk about this and doing some reading up on it...I am curious if this is something that is really in demand and profitable?

We have an interior cleaning crew for move out inspection cleanings maybe I will test this out. Although I would have no clue what to charge.

*Sorry off topic...but I am lazy and didn't want to create a new thread..

10. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

I started as a window cleaner. Our clients were definitely home-owners and not renters. I would have called most of them middle class not wealthy but definitely in the upper half of the middle class.

Bicc likes this.
  11. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Frill? I think more people around here pay to clean them than do it themselves. These prissy, wannabe rich, snooty housewives around here are not gonna be cleaning windows. Especially up in a big vaulted ceiling or 30ft foyer.

12. Bicc

Bicc FatCat Entrepreneur

Name:
    Allen Mckinney
    Tru dat..Tru dat

13. freemind

freemind Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

I service mostly the wealthy. The most of the middle class here won't spend the money, nor will they clean their windows. Unless they have a power washer and swipe the glass with that. Ugh....

I do get a few middle class clients, but they are few.

Price yourself after getting to know your production rates, where you are happy with the hourly net.

I average 100+ an hour. No, that's no bull crap either. My clients pay it happily. I have no real competition either.

14. Diederik

Diederik FatCat Member

Name:
    Diederik Visser
    I think it is over complicated I would just pick up the phone and well phone. Thumbs down from my perspective.

15. Tony Brown

Tony Brown FatCat Noob

I know this is an old post, but i've just recently come across it, so i thought i would reply. First of all thank-you all for your thoughts and some are very valid points. There is no perfect system out there for catching customers online or offline. I started developing this system 10 years ago and started off with a very basic and crude instant quote and booking system that had lots of flaws, however it actually worked and I got business from it. So i decided to develop, nurture and hone it and create a new business model.

After many hundreds of hours of tweaking, headaches and late nights its actually paid off, as 75% of my business now comes from the booking system so need for office staff to man the phones which has saved me approx £17,000PA in wages.

In the advent of smartphones I realised this business model is what people want "Instant Gratification" and this system does exactly that:- meaning that the customer can get an instant price, choose a date and time and book online in minutes without having to make a phone-call, to make an appointment for a carpet cleaner to visit and give a quote only for the customer to find its too expensive or cheap. You have to ask yourself, if you want the price of a product or service then you will take to Google and look for websites that provide an instant price and as a bonus if you can book that service online, which website/company are you going to choose?

This system actually works while i sleep and I've even had customers booking from different locations all over the world while their on holiday as strange as that may sound.

I check my smartphone first thing in the morning and its a great feeling when i see 2 or 3 bookings that were booked between 7pm-11pm the previous night. (I never lifted a finger and got a couple of hundred pounds in bookings) Happy Days

So I've put together some of the pros and cons from experience and using analytics I've collected from the last 10 years.

Pros:

I don't ever waste my time chasing crap leads.
    No office staff saving me £17,000 PA.
    I Get bookings day and night.
    99.6% of bookings are confirmed.
    I don't ever get window shoppers.
    I don't ever get bargain hunters.
    Only 0.04% of bookings don't show.
    Only 0.02% of bookings get cancelled.
    Customers always comment on who easy the quote and booking system is to use.
    Most customers congratulate me on an excellent online experience.
    77% of customers book from their mobile phones.
    On average it takes the customer 2.5 minutes to get a quote and book online.
    My local competition can't compete with the system.
    I can instantly add promotions when times are quiet.
    I can go on 2 holidays a year and still get bookings soaking up the sun.
    People who don't want to book online, see the price, call me and if i'm out, they nearly almost leave a message.
    The schematic images on the site gives the customer a good idea of how big the room should be for the price quoted.
    The system automatically collects customer data, allowing me to send targeted reminders, promotions etc..

Cons:

The price the system quotes, is the price they pay.
    Take the good with the bad.
    Some you win some you loose.
    All carpets can't be cleaned succesfully, so sometimes (not very often) I have to walk away.
    1% of customers get their quote wrong, but thats easily rectified.
    On arrival if a customer has taken the P**ss with the size of the room then I amend the price accordingly, but that rarely happens.

Business Percentage:

75% Instant Quote & Booking System this includes repeat custom and referrals.

This system is not for everyone and won't suite their specific business model, but I have to say, I wasn't prepared to sit around, stagnate and let the competition get in first. Now I never worry about my competitors or even look to see what their doing because I'm 10 year ahead of them.

If some of you taken great offence at my reply, then i'm sorry for that. But i'm betting some of the doubters are now having a light bulb moment.

If anyone wants to know more then I'm more than happy to take PM's.