Cellphone Help

Discussion in 'Sales Mastery' started by kleanerdude, Dec 21, 2015.

1. kleanerdude

kleanerdude FatCat Noob

I am calling to generate leads for this guy. He gets me a Verizon LG Revere 3. I have not a clue what he's paying for this phone or service. The phone itself looks ok but when i try calling numbers it doesn't ring it stutters and it either doesn't connect a lot or when it does it's cutting out a lot, so the client is there, then not, then they're there, then they're not....and it's driving me crazy.

I mean is this any way to run a business. I'm trying to generate leads here, ya know. I sent the guy [my employer] an email and he says well, money don't grow on trees and I tell him if you want any money or trees, you need to put some better money on a better phone.

But, nice guy, he just doesn't know how to pick out a decent phone that isn't going to cut out, stutter or drop the call 90% of the time.

I want to pick out a good, solid phone that isn't going to cost the ol' arm and leg, can folks help me out here? I know it isn't this Verizon LG Revere 3, it's a very very very very very very bad phone! Plain SUCKS!!

I know the owner [my employer] isn't going to spend $500 for a phone because I am seeing many like that, for even up to $1000 and $1500. Not yet, wait'll we make our first million, at least.

A good solid clear communication device for no more than $200 would work. I could probably convince him as I am good at generating leads for him and I can feel he wants me to get the leads, so.....a little advice on a phone that doesn't sound like i'm talking in a tincan with the string on it, ya know. And getting cut off, all the time - i am so tired of all that. Makes ya wanna scream!

2. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

It may not be the phone but the carrier or service. Some areas just don't have good coverage. In many locations, the service from one carrier is better than the service from other competing carriers. I suggest asking within the area you are calling and seeing what companies folks like for thier phone service.

AndyB likes this.
  3. Martin Sanchez

Martin Sanchez Syndicated FatCat Entreprenuer

First, are you driving around generating some leads? If so, he should fire you. it ain't worth it the expense. If in the budget, he can keep you in the office and get you a land line.

end of rant. no fancy phones just the right move.

4. AndyB

AndyB Nerd

Name:
    Andy Bajka
    Go to your local mobile phone store and try out the different models. Talk to the sales people and find out which carrier has the best signal in your area.

5. Failsafemachine

Failsafemachine FatCat Noob

Name:
    Jon Lee
    Are you always making the calls from the same place? It's an obvious suggestion, but go outside and try making a call. If it works okay, you may just need to move to a different area of your house or office.