Carpet solutions and stain treatments

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning' started by clean_freak, Oct 6, 2014.

1. clean_freak

clean_freak FatCat Member

Name:
    Gil Madrid
    What the best brand of carpet solution? Does anyone know how to get out coffee from carpet? I ran into a house where I had a coffee stain that was set in all the way to the padding. I tried two different treatments and hot water extraction but it didn't come free. Also I have dogs and had urine all in my carpets at home (good training grounds for a newbie right) or so I thought....anyways. Any info and tips for a new guy are greatly appreciated.

2. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

There are a number of ways to remove coffee. Not all coffee is the same. Some coffee, especially decaf, may have black dye added. Thus you have to remove the coffee and the dye. There may also be sugar, cream and other items added to the coffee that change how it comes out.

General procedure is to flush it well if there was enough coffee to get down to the backing or pad. This helps prevent wick back. Then treat with StainZONE from Bridgepoint. You can finish with Stop Spot or Encapuguard Green to give further protection against wicking back.

For the little splashes of coffee that are only drops on the surface, coffee stain remover from Bridgepoint or Chemspec Spray and Go are quick fixes but the odor can be objectionable. StainZONE will also work quickly on those small coffee stains.

There is an app you can download here that has quick answers for scores of spots and stains on carpet or upholstery. Down the page on the right. There are also some training videos on spot and stain removal and a number of topics. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php

3. Pat Carroll

Pat Carroll FatCat Member

If you get a chance to attend a stain removal class at your local supplier, it will help you. The "hands on" learning is always better for beginners.

4. TheEyeball

TheEyeball Friend of the Ladies

Name:
    Ross Trittipo
    Coffee: clean it then spray any brand Urine Stain Remover on it

Michael's Kleen Green likes this.
  5. Mike Raimer

Mike Raimer FatCat Member

Name:
    Mike Raimer
    Scott,
    I am working with a coffee shop that sells espresso and other kinds of coffee. I would assume that it also has other mateirals, such as sugar and milk. What would your recommend for cleaning. I was thinking of using bio break with citrus solve as the prespray after pretreating with urine stain remover or tannin remover. I would follow uo with encapuclean in the injector to rinse. Would this process work with all the different materials, or should I alter any of the processes. I can also flash extract..and was planning on using bonnet to help dry the floor and then fans.
    Thanks,

6. Scott Warrington

Scott Warrington FatCat Entrepreneur

I will assume this is a low pile commercial carpet likely nylon (hopefully) or olefin.

The ideal process would be to start by flushing out coffee spills. This could be done with HWE using Bio-Break and Flex Ice in the rinse. If the spots and spills are a relatively small area of the total job, you could also flush and extract using a Water Claw and similar tool instead of HWE. But the prespray and rinse would be the same.

Either flushing procedure should use lots of water but not extremely hot. Sugar changes to carmel and can be much more difficult to remove if it gets too hot. I would stay in the 180 F or under range. SO, hot but not boiling hot.

Lots of water and dry extraction to dilute the coffee and then remove as much as possible.

Finish with encapsulation using Encapuclean O2. The oxidizer is best at the end. No reason to pretreat with Urine Stain Remover or Tannin removal product. Those might be helpful when doing only a small spot or two, but not helpful when cleaning a alrge area or multiple spots.

Michael's Kleen Green likes this.
  7. Mike Raimer

Mike Raimer FatCat Member

Name:
    Mike Raimer
    Thanks, as usual. I appreciate the help

8. Richard Galvan

Richard Galvan FatCat Noob

Simple Solution Carpet Shampoo 64oz. I use this it's the best.